Orange UK C500 Update Imminent

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest fozzie

Isn't this thread supposed to be about the immiment UK C500 update? It would be nice if it could be kept on topic and issues relating to the French update kept on >>this;)

Edited by fozzie

Guest BigLee1

Hi i think i don't think i will be the only person that is glad that i didn't upgrade to the French rom.

It seems that after reading 16 pages of comments on the upgrade process for the French rom that it is far from an ideal way to go.

I just hope that it is a worth while upgrade when it comes.

Guest fseby
Paul, just successfully updated my C500 (UK IMEI Unlocked, using my U.S. TMobile SIM card)!!!! It works perfectly, except I've noticed if you use the GPRS, the GPRS icon stays on, until you reboot the phone. Regardless, I'm very pleased that I performed the esoteric upgrade. Another member's information helped, as well [ian]. Thanks and if you hear of anything to fix the GPRS icon, please pass it on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can fix the GPRS icon by holding down the Home key for a few seconds and selecting 1 Disconect GPRS

Guest spark-x

Is there a free program that will totally backup EveryThing (txts, phonebook, programs, files, dictionary, favs....) - so the phone feals the same after reflashing?

regards, x

Guest mupwangle

Arsebiscuits. :roll:

Not really surprising though. They can't really justify not releasing a UK version when the french one is multilingual. Just needed to change some settings.

That's what I get for being impatient!! ;)

sorry for bothering you with these dumb simple (but important) questions.

Any word on a dutch update?.. I'm gonna call them myself now to ask for it. so maybe I'll respond to my own question.

Pigo

Ok so I just rang orange NL.

They said it's not planned yet but if there are allready updates available that NL won't be far behind.

Hope that they do hurry up though.. maybe a update will make my phone be able to make a descent phone call without the call crashing again!!

Pigo

Guest mossywell
Will it stop the dust getting in? ](*,)  ](*,)  ](*,)  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Although the French update was not capable of this, the UK one will indeed stop the dust getting in. Better still, any dust found will be expelled through the earpiece on the phone soon after the update. Apparently, Orange Uk's update comes with a health warning stating that your ear is in danger of filling up with the dust from your phone after applying this update.

;)

Guest tsutton
Hi i think i don't think i will be the only person that is glad that i didn't upgrade to the French rom.

Ditto, I'm one of the people who held back and not install the French version of the update. My phone is only 4 months old. ;)

Guest rameses

I was just about to do the French Update and thought I would have a quick look at Modaco while my phone booted up. I'm so glad I did. I can wait for a few days (weeks, months.....) for this as I don't really need it anyway.

Guest cubezero

i know this is for the orange update, but does anyone know when (and if) t-mobiles SDA will get an update, - as even the sales guys dont know what SDA's are (and only one of the tecchies knew what i was talking about the other day i rang)

Guest lardy

Hi everyone, haven't posted here much, but have been reading intently about this c500 update. Just out of interest: will i need to have upgraded with the current one on oranges website? or will the new one be a cumulative update? Wondering because i downloaded the current one and when i double click on the installer it just performs an illegal operation. Maybe resuming the download corrupted the file in some way :roll: !!

Guest pd.ryder
Although the French update was not capable of this, the UK one will indeed stop the dust getting in. Better still, any dust found will be expelled through the earpiece on the phone soon after the update. Apparently, Orange Uk's update comes with a health warning stating that your ear is in danger of filling up with the dust from your phone after applying this update.

:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;) :D :D Hehe

Guest schmeegle

Sorry to go a bit off topic here, but I remember a thread about HTC/ Orange replacing dusty units, if I call Orange will they send me a new phone.

also, when's the C550 out?

Right, looking forward to this update, any major changes apart form WMP10?

Thanks!

Guest PayableOnDeath
Ditto, I'm one of the people who held back and not install the French version of the update. My phone is only 4 months old. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me too I knew they would :D I think there was using the french to test the update for bugs lol

i hope they fix the tss bug.   

[-o<  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well the french one didnt cant the UK doing allthou all we can do is hope :D

Guest davidhorn

Oops. Now I feel guilty after emailing off a thoroughly obnoxious letter to a contact I have at Orange, berating them for ignoring current customers, misadvertising, gluttony, villiany, etc. etc.

Next step: email again offering flowery apologies and begging forgiveness...

Guest brykins
Oops.  Now I feel guilty after emailing off a thoroughly obnoxious letter to a contact I have at Orange, berating them for ignoring current customers, misadvertising, gluttony, villiany, etc. etc.

Well - you can claim that they are plain stupid....this is the reply I got when asking about a ROM update:

Unfortunately, I can confirm this software is currently not available via Orange. I would recommend that you visit the Microsoft website for more details on available software for SPV C500 phone.

I particularly liked the bit about going to MS for a ROM update.....