Eastgear SD Wifi Card

Guest jfran

Guest jfran

Hi gang

The Eastgear SD card is one of the smallest seen so far (antenna extends to the light on the sandisk card) and I am thinking of getting one, however just looked at the specs and it states that the card operates on channels 11,12 n 13, just wondering if its worth getting as most of the AP's I have used tend to work on channel 6 by default... Anyone care to comment on this or have heard of this card

rgds

Jim

Guest bill door

My wifi router is set up to channel 11, it's not hard to change it. There are only certain channels that are legal to use (it varies country to country) but 11 is fine in the UK.

Guest jfran

I went ahead and ordered the card, however on their site it does state only channels 11, 12 and 13, anyway got fed express update that card should arrive tomorrow so will let you know what happens.

jim

Guest MitchellO

Great. That would be a great card if it supports all the standard channels. Nice and short. You could leave it in all the time!!

Guest jfran
Great. That would be a great card if it supports all the standard channels. Nice and short. You could leave it in all the time!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nice and short but with no memory cant leave in all day ;(

rgds

jim

Guest MitchellO

Thats true. I would still leave my 1Gb sd in there, but being able to carry it around with the wifi SD card in device in my case would be great!

Guest thriftynomad

I ordered the card from Eastgear and I've got it working with my xda ii mini all over Toronto, Canada. It has a channel default setting which I've set to 6, but it allows any channel.

My only problem so far has been getting the driver to set and remember to only connect to preferred networks. I live in a condo with about a million available networks and so it's important that it always remember to connect to mine when it wakes up.

Is it possible to use different drivers or software for the connection, or should I just stick with the Computer Devices ones that came with it?

Also, eastgear was perfect. Took about 2 days total time to get it here via their basic FedEx shipping!!

Guest MitchellO

Use the builtin Windows Mobile Wireless Zero Config. Works great for me, although slow at detecting new networks.

Guest jfran

card finally arrived, a day late, had some teating probs at first, but is working fine at present, still to test using it with other AP's .

Works ine with pocket winc so there is no problem with preferred networks and connectivity so far...... anyone after a sandisk wifi + 256MB do let me know

rgds

jim

Guest sabesh

Eastgear offers FREE SHIPPING to all U.S. & Canadian customers.

Just key in "howardforums" in the coupon code when you CHECKOUT at their online shop, www.eastgear.com and they will deduct from your total order cost the amount of US$12.20 (That's the cost of FEDEX International Priority 1-3 Days to USA/Canada).

Cheers, Sabesh.

Guest jfran

Thanks for that sabesh...

Anyway is anyone having problems operating the 2 cards, sometimes after using the sandisk, switching over to the e-gear can take a while to kick in.

rgds

jim

Guest sabesh

Jim,

No problems here. But, the Eastgear driver sucks. I'm thinking of getting PocketWinC to browse access points and choose the one I want.

Cheers,

sabesh

Guest jfran
Jim,

I'm thinking of getting PocketWinC to browse access points and choose the one I want.

Cheers,

sabesh

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

pocket winc is great, however a free retina eeye s/w is a reasonable alternative

rgds

jim

Guest rmg
card finally arrived, a day late, had some teating probs at first, but is working fine at present, still to test using it with other AP's .

Works ine with pocket winc so there is no problem with preferred networks and connectivity so far...... anyone after a sandisk wifi + 256MB do let me know

rgds

jim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

any chance of some pics mate? vs the Sandisk etc, how much did it cost all in with delivery?

Cheers.

Guest jfran
any chance of some pics mate?  vs the Sandisk etc, how much did it cost all in with delivery?

Cheers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MDA Jam with sandisk wifi and standard SD to the left

post-65995-1115733547_thumb.jpg

MDA Jam with eastgear wifi and sandisk wifi to the left and standard SD

post-65995-1115733567_thumb.jpg

MDA Jam with the three cards to the left, SD, eastgear wifi, Sandisk wifi

there you go

jim

post-65995-1115733695_thumb.jpg

Guest calle
pocket winc is great, however a free retina eeye s/w is a reasonable alternative

rgds

jim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry dude, but PocketWinc is crap because it doesn't support WPA or WPA-PSK..... Apperently Cirond "is working hard" to release a new version with support for it"... Tssss. WPA has been around for quite some time now, where's the update guys? :-s

MDA Jam with sandisk wifi and standard SD to the left

post-65995-1115733547_thumb.jpg

MDA Jam with eastgear wifi and sandisk wifi to the left and standard SD

post-65995-1115733567_thumb.jpg

MDA Jam with the three cards to the left, SD, eastgear wifi, Sandisk wifi

there you go

jim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers mate much appreciated :-)