SPV C550

Guest JonnyBennett

Guest Confucious
Surely that is just the response of an OCS bod that is saying 'I haven't got a bastard clue what you are talking about.  If it's not Nokia, don't ask me?  The average bod at Orange has never had a clue about Smartphones!

Did you have to addd "about Smartphones" at the end ;)

Guest chrisbpr
Did you have to addd "about Smartphones" at the end ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is there any way that we could piont someone important in orange cs to these forums as if they knew what people were thinking that might sway them into providing what their customers want...or...is it the old adage that they get regular income from their contract customers & thats why they are tempting the pay as you go customers because they can move easyily...or am i being paraniod :?:

Guest Phonz

You could always wait until the sony ericsson s1000 is released Q4 with mobile 5.0, QVGA screen, 5GB internal hard drive, quad band, 3 megapixel camera and Wifi

ahhh the power of imagination ;)

post-124705-1117093241_thumb.jpg

Guest ellischaplin
You could always wait until the sony ericsson s1000 is released Q4 with mobile 5.0, QVGA screen, 5GB internal hard drive, quad band, 3 megapixel camera and Wifi

ahhh the power of imagination ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The power of imagination indeed...

SPV C550, with WiFi, 1280 x 1024 screen, 20Gb MiniDrive, DAB Radio and Free Air Conditioning!! Did I miss anything?!! :D

Guest Croccy22

Not that this is anything to go by. But the latest T3 magazine has an exclusive on the c550. Not really any information on it just a big one page picture.

At the bottom of the page it says it is due December :shock:

Now I hope to god they are wrong but I guess they must have got this information from somewhere. Lets just hope its not a reliable source!

Guest morpheus2702

There is no historical precedent for T3 getting SPV launch dates correct:

The March 2002 issue proclaimed the launch of the E100 as 'coming next month'.

Plus, come December, just how unsmart will the C550 specs be compared to what is appearing then?

Guest Pondrew
There is no historical precedent for T3 getting SPV launch dates correct:

The March 2002 issue proclaimed the launch of the E100 as 'coming next month'.

Plus, come December, just how unsmart will the C550 specs be compared to what is appearing then?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're kidding? March 02 was before the original SPV even came out!!! You sure you don't mean 2003 as I remember it was big news when rumours of the then termed SPVx were leaked... ;) >

Guest Looby

Have just seen the latest pic. of the C550 in T3. Has it been designed by Chris Bangle? I prefer the look of the C500, at least it has some sex appeal! WM 10 seems to have become a point of principle, I'm sure most people have Beta Player on their C500's anyway. I think the juror is out on the C550 and may well stay that way. ;)

Edited by Looby

Guest spacerace

Looks ok to me. I like the dedicated music buttons. As more and more people use their phones as mp3 players I think they will be seen as invaluable.

Guest Pondrew
You are quite correct - 2003.  Ahh, how time flies!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah. Wonder what we'll be saying bout the C550 in two years time or whether it'll have disappeared without a trace (like the E200 has).

Guest morpheus2702

The C550 looks like Chris Bangle has designed it? No way, if ever a phone was the product of BMW's errant designer, it was the original SPV - lots of curves that went no-where and did nothing.

In two years time? Moaning about when the forthcoming F850 will arrive and if we can upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.5 I guess. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest superflysi

I spoke to Orange on Friday - as I had to replace another E200 with a knackered joystick. As I am not outside my contract they offered me an upgrade instead of sending another phone out. I told them that I was waiting on C550 and they stated that it was now on their system and has July launch date.

They couldnt specify when, but they said stocks are ready.

may as well wait myself