mp3 player for i600

Guest cloakski

Guest cloakski

I'm looking for an mp3 player for my i600 (SP 2003) which will continue to run with the lide closed. I've tried many apps and my current favorite is PocketMusic, which supports playlists and many other features. However, PM shuts off when the lid is closed for a minute or so. This is true even with a headset plugged in.

I'd prefer to be able to run it with the lid closed to save the power and not have the screen active all the time.

Anyone know of any player that both supports playlists and runs with the lid closed?

Thanks.

Guest djalienx

I use windows media, but I trick the phone by pluging in a headset end and closing the lid and pulling the headset out. I know kinda cheesy but it works.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest obeel
I'm looking for an mp3 player for my i600 (SP 2003) which will continue to run with the lide closed.  I've tried many apps and my current favorite is PocketMusic, which supports playlists and many other features.  However, PM shuts off when the lid is closed for a minute or so.  This is true even with a headset plugged in. 

I'd prefer to be able to run it with the lid closed to save the power and not have the screen active all the time.

Anyone know of any player that both supports playlists and runs with the lid closed?

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am unable to resolve this issue also. I just sent an email to Samsung for support. I'll keep you advised.

Guest djalienx

I'm a beta tester for mini lyrics, I have found so for that like mediaplayer if you plug in a headset and close it, then remove the headset it plays fine. I suggest mini lyrics for all of the obvious reasons, but also for the fact that you can set up playlists, wich for me is great being that I have a 1Gb sd card and i sort all my trance cd rips into folders to not get them mixed up.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dirtkilla
I am unable to resolve this issue also. I just sent an email to Samsung for support. I'll keep you advised.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Media Player will work fine with the lid closed, veryify that you have Background Play enabled w/in Media Player. Another thing I noticed with PocketMusic(mp3 app) is you need to have the OS not go into Power Saving mode when the lids closed. In Settings->Power Management->Power Save Mode[Never].

BTW: I have yet to download an MP3 player that the software doesn't make the MP3's sound quality sub-par. I have a Yepp MP3 player and it sounds much better, thinking it's something hardware related, betting I'm SOL w/ the Windows phone but I'm still looking.

-JC