ETEN M500

Guest Blakey

Guest martinwilliams999
I've had my M500 for less than a month now and can confirm its NOT Windows mobile 5 :(

EDIT

:oops: Feel a bit stupid now as I thought it was a SPV M500 you were on about  :oops:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ROFL

I won't tell anyone if you don't.

:o

Martin,

Had an ETEN for 2 weeks - great device but lousy phone as it had very poor signal strength. Changed it for a (less capable) SPV M500 which is nearly as good a device and a far better phone. Check whether ETEN Corp has released signal strength patch or fixed it with WM5 (if available). Really wouldn't recommend it unless this is the case.

Jascha

I inquired after buying an Eten M500 this morning, but the supplier had stopped stocking them as so many customers had had problems with them.

How are they for reliability in general?

Any news on the release date for the WiFi M600?

I've heard that new M500's are already shipping with WM5, is this right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest martinwilliams999
Martin,

Had an ETEN for 2 weeks - great device but lousy phone as it had very poor signal strength. Changed it for a (less capable) SPV M500 which is nearly as good a device and a far better phone. Check whether ETEN Corp has released signal strength patch or fixed it with WM5 (if available). Really wouldn't recommend it unless this is the case.

Jascha

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, jaschag.

I live in a rural area of the UK with sketchy coverage at the best of times, so good reception is of paramount importance to me.

The main reason why I chucked out my beloved little SE T610 for my current SPV C500. The SE was a smashing phone, but reception was non-existent.

Edited by martinwilliams999

It's interesting, I find my Eten M500's reception is better than my older phones... but then, like any GSM, i get black spots - in my own house, usually. Can make GPRS connection difficult.

The audio quality i love. best i've had since my old nokia slide.

any patches I'd give a go... only problem with Eten is, and i guess this is because they make things for business rather than consumers, their support is rather... messy. They mean well, I can see they've tried, but it's just no help at all.