Tom Tom Mobile 5 Upgrade

So the five weeks TT ask you to allow for delivery is up and I'm wondering if anyone has received their upgrade yet?

If you have, how does it compare to the older version?

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LincsHerbMaster
So the five weeks TT ask you to allow for delivery is up and I'm wondering if anyone has received their upgrade yet?

If you have, how does it compare to the older version?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I received mine after a wait of about 5 weeks. I managed to install and whilst it boots on my Motorola mpx220 I cannot get the GPS unit to connect. Whilst the phone says the two are matched the program constantly says "no GPS unit". I have a technical question in with TomTom support but still awaiting a reply. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spvc500callme

Ive managed to get my tomtom 5 running with my GPS device ( bluetooth )

by renaming the device to TomTom Wireless GPS.

But everytime I exit from TomTom 5 the device is deleted from the bluetooth device list.

Has anyone found the same problem? I have changed the GPS device setup

within TomTom to GPS other and this seems to pickkup the device ok.

It becoming a real problem having to recreate the device in the bluetooh device menu each time I exit TomTom.

The phone is a SPV C500 and the bluetooth device is a BT-77

Thanks

Guest sahins

I had the same problem as you SPVC500CallMe, it was a while ago but I think I got round it by resetting the GPS device (I'm using a X70 from pdamods.com) and deleting the partnership, then I redected the device and used a pairing code of 0000 to re-establish the partnership. After that I renamed it. Never had a problem since then! Hope this helps

Guest Godfather

I hear everyone talking about the new Windows Mobile 5.0 and ask if they got it yet. Is there a way to get the new windows mobile 5.0, if so how? I wouldn't mind checking that out and seeing what's new. I have a SMT 5600. Would it work on that?

Thanks!

Guest James

There is no way you can try it for yourself as there is no publicy avalible ROM released.

There are some Whats new threads about on here.

P.S. this is a TOMTOM mobile 5 thread. (not a WM5 one)

I got my tomtom 5 upgrade yesterday, i have put the card in but TOMTOM does not appear in my Start menu. I have mailed tomtom but still waiting a reply. Anyone here know that i am missing something obvious?

Thinking i may Hard Reset my phone as i have alot of other stuff installed and it may be interfering!!!

Any idea's appreciated.

kind reagards

dave

Guest squaletto78

sorry when i intrude in your post (and sorry for my bad english) I not would open another thread of tomtom so i write here. I have a little problem:

I have installed tomtom mobile on my spv-c500, and is all ok, but the map not see . why?

The programm start but after the wizzard he cannot view any map.

Can you help me?

And for what is the folder 2577 and autorun? When i click it , appear nothing.

thank you

Guest awarner [MVP]

2577 folder is the autorun folder which will place the TomTom icon in your programs list.

All you need to do is copy all the files as you see them from the SD card and place them on the miniSD.

Guest squaletto78

Thank you for the answer, but i have do it all that you say. I have copied this folders on my mini sd card: 2577, italia navigator map, system, tomtom.

the programm start and is all ok, after the wizzard finished, the programm will found no maps. :cry: