TotW: Going Directly to an Account in Inbox

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Pagemakers

Hey - you're the man. It works a treat on WM5

Slightly off topic but do you know the tweak to keep GPRS permanently connected. The Shell-Orange app does not work on WM5

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Wow its great to hear the cab works on WM5! :lol:

Not aware of a reg tweak for that Page. If you can lend me your SP5, I'd gladly figure it out for you. LOL :( :o

• 1 month later...
Guest shadamehr
OK, anybody want to know how to create a new pre-written SMS?

If you're sending the same message to the same number a lot this can save your thumbs!

tmail.exe -service "Inbox" -to "mobile_no" -body "message_body"

Example:

tmail.exe -service "Inbox" -to "07788123456" -body "This is the text that will be sent"

The message, including the recipients and the text get put into a new message, but the message will not get automatically sent (I'm still trying to work out how/if you can send the message in the same action)

Don't forget:

- Include the quotes

- If you've done the "Friendly Name" tweak from a week or so ago change "Inbox" to "your_SMS_inbox_friendly_name" (mine is "SMS" for instance)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just KNOW I am missing something, but, er, what do I DO with all that stuff?

Where do I type it, or how do I add it to a shortcut or whatever folks?

I am using the new "Right Key 1.22" to add multiple items to my Right Softkey on my new i-mate SP5, and I would LOVE to be able to add a new item, for a ready addressed SMS for my girlfriend.

So how do I go about creating a link file for this, using the info above? Help anyone?

Guest chucky.egg

I don't know how that particular tweak is setup, but I think you'll find that it's a file association (I still don't know of any other way to do it)

Find the registry setting for the right soft key and trace it through to the file association reg key. Then 'just' edit the file association

All the reg keys you need are listed in this thread somewhere, but post/PM if you need more help (not at the PC right now)

Guest shadamehr
I don't know how that particular tweak is setup, but I think you'll find that it's a file association (I still don't know of any other way to do it)

Find the registry setting for the right soft key and trace it through to the file association reg key. Then 'just' edit the file association

All the reg keys you need are listed in this thread somewhere, but post/PM if you need more help (not at the PC right now)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So no way to create shortcuts on the Start Menu so that I can send a ready addressed SMS to someone? I thought that was what this tweak was for. I just don't understand what I 'DO' with the information itself.

Guest chucky.egg

Yeah, you can have a Start Menu shortcut in exactly the same way.

Look at THIS post in this topic for the general details, but you'll want to add something to the command:

tmail.exe -service "Inbox" -to "your_GFs_mobile" -body "msg_if_required"

Then put a shortcut to the SMS.111 file you created in your \Windows\Start Menu folder

If you want to PM me your GFs number I can put it all in a .CAB file for you, but I'll understand if you dont want to do that! ;)

Can't see what all the fuss is about?! Just create a shortcut on the start menu (mine are hidden away in a nested folder that I keep all my rarely used ones), that contains the code above; use notepad or something like that and save as blah.lnk. Right Menu can then be used to select that link (shortcut) using the 'menuitem' option. In fact, I think right menu can now be used to select links in directorys other than the start menu!

Edit: yep - 'Import Shorcut', so you can save the .lnk anywhere you like.

Edited by fozzie

Guest Paul [MVP]

I go one stage further, and actually hide the shortcuts I create for this purpose by setting the file property to hidden using Explorer.

I also hide Pocket MSN because I don't want to accidentally open it, thereby creating a 'Hotmail' messaging account...

P