Qtek 7070 stuck at boot

Guest navillus

Guest navillus

Hello all, first post here and hoping someone can help me.

I recently bought a Qtek 7070 off ebay and was very happy with it. I found IE was crashing a fair bit so I decided to upgrade the ROM to Imate 1.5. This worked very well for about a week. Then one day, I was in the middle of playing an MP3 when the phone froze completly. Fair enough I thought, and took the battery out. BIG mistake. When I turned it on, none of my contacts or programs were showing up. Pushed the power button, shut down. When I turned it back on, it just sat at the Imate screen :shock: . Nothing that I do with get it past this stage. This is what I have done to try get it working:

- Hard reset (about 6 times at various stages)

- Changed rom between the new Qtek 1.5 rom and the Imate 1.5 rom (hard resetting /leaving battery out between flashes)

After these things, it still dosnt get past the Qtek / Imate startup screen (also it seems known as the 'sunset screen')

The current bootloader that has been decided between the two roms is 1.07.4.

The big question is: WHAT DO I DO NOW??!!

It seem the only things left to do are.

-Downgrade the bootloader (probably to .98)

-Send for warranty (has 12 month manufacturers)

The problems with these two solutions are:

1. I don't have a copy of the bootloader.

2. Nobody here in Australia seems to want to take care of warranty claims for qtek devices. The place listed on the warranty card tells me to go to a place in queensland, and they only fix o2 and imate devices.

So if anybody would be able to either send me a copy of the bootloader or find me a place to get this damn thing fixed it would be very much appreciated.

Thankyou in advance,

Daniel Sullivan

Guest navillus
So I take it the upgrade you were trying didn't work?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope, finally found the bootloader and just got my SD card and reader today so im gonna try now.

Guest navillus
Nope, finally found the bootloader and just got my SD card and reader today so im gonna try now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just an update, I downgraded the bootloader to .98 with no change ;)

Now im trying to get a refund from the guys who sold it to me.