Ebuyer wifi card

Guest 6thElement

Guest BawBagg

I've had 2 of these Safecom cards from ebuyer for my M500. Both have been DOA. Has anyone else had this problem. Should I ask ebuyer for a refund, or should I have them send me another card??

My SD slot works fine, as my 1GB card sits quite happily in there.

I have installed the drivers, before anyone asks :)

Guest psionandy
2 sep questions:

does this wifi card portrude from the phone?

maybe crazy, but is it possible to add wifi to this phone (hardwire upgrade)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes it does by about half a cm. I don't know about hardware upgrades.. but i'd guess if it was possible PPCtechs would offer it. The fact that they don't suggests that it's not possible

thx. i'm pretty sure I want to get this phone. I live in the States and was wondering u know who sells the unlocked version with 128/64 or 128/128? RAM/ROM versions that I've seen for the UK?

Yes it does by about half a cm. I don't know about hardware upgrades.. but i'd guess if it was possible PPCtechs would offer it. The fact that they don't suggests that it's not possible

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest psionandy
thx.  i'm pretty sure I want to get this phone.  I live in the States and was wondering u know who sells the unlocked version with 128/64 or 128/128? RAM/ROM versions that I've seen for the UK?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have no idea how good they are on price.. but www.expansys.com have them

Guest ah5150

is anyone else waiting for more stock @ ebuyer, cos i am. knowing me i'll order a more expensive one and it'll be back in stock. It hasn't been discontinued has it?

Guest nickb23

hummmmmmm...

all out of stock now. It says that they are not going to be in for 60 days? That to me seems a little long for that product - actually any product. Has anyone had this before, and got it delivered in less than the time said?

thanks

Nick B

Guest harrinp1
heh, i bought the last 9 of them for work :-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lucky I bought number 10 then! Turned up this morning working fine.

Took a couple of goes to get WPA-PSK working but seems okay now.

Just need to do the extendend rom hack to free up some space for

when im using the wireless card.

Guest ah5150

i ordered my ebuyer wifi card which now seems an eon ago - i have the exact page in my FireFox links bar, which i just visited and chuckled when i saw '500 expected on 1st Sep'!!!!!!

Guest feck_on_a_stick

£17.74 to deliver to Belfast :) Thats a £15 surcharge on normal delivery. Im gutted and feel a bit cheated too!

That takes the total to almost £43!!!!

So its not so much of a good buy for me and what I want to know is it actually still worth it?

This is my first attempt at wireless cards for a mobile device and havent a clue what to do.

Guest zippy172

Well.. eBuyer are now totally out of stock of the damned card I was about to order...Website says the item is either unavailable or discontinued. If by some miracle they get more stocks in, I'm, going to buy the entire stock and put them on eBay :> Ok, perhaps not...but still, these things are selling like hot cakes!! The cheapest I can find elsewhere is a Pretec card on Expansys at a staggering cost of 54 quid!

Guest Baadsha

http://www.usbtech.co.uk/catalog/product_i...products_id/327

i have found 1 on this website

just need to know from others that have the ebuyer 1 what the dimensions and sizes are

here it is quoted as Physical characteristics: Dimensions: 40L x 24W x 2.1H mm. if that is same as the ebuyer 1 then i shall order. but the pic on the above website looks as if it is gonna stick out a mile like the scandisk 1

Guest chucky.egg

Those dimensions are identical, it just looks like the sticky label is longer (which would mean that it goes into the device, not a problem as long as it's well stuck down!)

FYI all waiting on ebuyer stock, don't bother - my order (placed on the 25th Aug) has been cancelled after i raised an eNote (re:) the product being picked for four days and the status changing from out of stock to discontinued (seen the previous ebuyer posts and thought i'd mention even though they've messed me about i'll use them again).

Gonna eBay myself 1

Drew

Guest Baadsha
I've ordered the card from the link Baadsha posted. Should be here in 1 to 3 days.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

glad to be of some help. i hope it arrives soon. i have not ordered yet but was just wondering if you could either post a pic of how big it looks when inserted in the jam or m500 or sif not a pic then some sort of description of how big or small it is

thanks

glad to be of some help. i hope it arrives soon. i have not ordered yet but was just wondering if you could either post a pic of how big it looks when inserted in the jam or m500 or sif not a pic then some sort of description of how big or small it is

thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if you look at the ebay auctions i think one of them shows a picture with a jam

Guest Palindrome

The card came today. Delivered next working day, got to be happy with that. :o

It comes with a miniCD, that has all the software, and a simple instruction booklet. I configured my router, installed the card drivers, then the utility, plugged in the card and I was on the internet 5 seconds later! Much faster than my bluetooth internet connection. The utility allows scanning for available networks in the area and shows details about any connections it finds.

The signal strength is great and I can connect from anywhere in my house! I'll be messing around with Activesync and more home networking stuff later on this evening. I'm very pleased! :(

post-3456-1126110657_thumb.jpg

post-3456-1126110682_thumb.jpg

post-3456-1126110696_thumb.jpg

Edited by Palindrome

Guest Baadsha
The card came today. Delivered next working day, got to be happy with that.  :o

It comes with a miniCD, that has all the software, and a simple instruction booklet. I configured my router, installed the card drivers, then the utility, plugged in the card and I was on the internet 5 seconds later! Much faster than my bluetooth internet connection. The utility allows scanning for available networks in the area and shows details about any connections it finds.

The signal strength is great and I can connect from anywhere in my house! I'll be messing around with Activesync and more home networking stuff later on this evening. I'm very pleased!  :(

post-3456-1126110657_thumb.jpg

post-3456-1126110682_thumb.jpg

post-3456-1126110696_thumb.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks for the pics

just gonna check all my finances and order one

it looks kewl and not as big as i thought it might be

thanks for all the pics