Orange SPV M500 Released!

Guest Dade

News just in that the Orange M500 has just been released!

The official pitch:

overview:

The SPVM500 is a stylish and compact Windows PDA, which is attractively priced and perfect for Business Customers who wish to roll out business applications to a wider audience. Its large 2.8” screen is great for ease of use. As well as compact design, the end user also gets fantastic functionality with the integrated1.3 mega pixel camera, Bluetooth connectivity, Windows Mobile software (with Pocket PC versions of Word, Excel and Windows Media Player), along with the usual extras like text, picture and video messaging. This is all powered by the Intel 416Mhz processor. What’s more the SPV M500 also comes with an external Mini SD memory card slot for additional storage.

To summarise the SPVM500 is a very compact Windows-based PDA in a form factor and weight around 30% less than the rest of the SPV portfolio. It comprises extensive features in spite of its size with a 320x640 pixel touch-sensitive display in 65,000 colours, 1.3megapixel camera, Bluetooth, removable memory on SD/MMC cards and the Windows Mobile for Pocket PC 2003 operating system.

key selling points:

- fully connected compact Windows-based Smartphone in a PDA form factor with both voice and data capabilities

- Connectivity; GSM/GPRS – 900/1800/1900 Mhz (Tri-Band where Orange roaming agreements exist) GPRS Class10

- Microsoft Windows Mobile software for Pocket PC Phone Edition 2003 with Microsoft Active Sync

- full colour screen 240x320 pixels resolution

- Applications include: Inbox, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, plus Miicrosoft Windows Media Player; Messenger, and Internet Explorer

post-1-1119625426_thumb.jpg

Guest spidermunky

That can't be right can it? A mini-SD slot? Don't know why they changed the casing, just makes it harder to get accessories.

Greg

Guest flyswat

Can it be bought now from Orange? I thought it was only coming soon?

The sooner the better I really need to upgrade ASAP.

Thanks

flyswat

Id say that the MiniSD slot thing is a mistake, probably the original blurb was written by a non-techie that thought that the SD card looked quite small!

You may also notice that the screen res has been quoted twice, each time with different figures!

Guest brykins

Looks really nice, but when is HTC or anyone else going to make a decent PPC/Phone device without the buttons/joypad? I don't play any games that need the joypad and never use the buttons at all and I'd much rather have a device with a 240x480 screen for landscape mode and lose the bottom buttons.

Guest hunyango_uk
Yeah it certainly is the jam but in a different jar :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and an ugly looking jar. :) :D :D :lol: :lol:

Edited by hunyango_uk

Guest Samsonite

i must be life's handbrake!!

you know those moments when you've been sat at the light's, in gear waiting for them to change? The moment you put them handbrake on past the first click ( the point where you need MORE effort to release it...), the damn lights change!!

i bought an E200 DAYS before the c500 appeared and i've been holding off going for a Jam-thang to the point where i gave up on Orange... Went thru a number change and new contract hassle and...DAMN ME!! i've not even paid the first bill on my Qtek and this arrives!!

now the question is, do i go thru the potential knightmare of cancelling the new one and re-igniting the old number and contract?? I think not!!

you've missed me by a month Orange.. better luck next time...

shame tho, i like the grey look...

Well I have my official M500 on order. My account manager processed the order no probs and they are showing in stock!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But they only give it to business customers at the moment...

They should be available to everyone to Order but they will ship to Business first if they dont have sufficient stock.

So I've just been told by a lady on 158

Guest sleighty

Think I'll wait 'till nearer christmas and see if price comes down, and what probs arise. I've been waiting so long for Orange to get their act together I've lost the urge! The HTC Universal still looks like the one to have but that will be next year on Orange the way they are going.

NO.... I want one NOW!!!

Guest beersoft

the universal is stil due september/october time. and i think im going to have to get a m500 because if apps are as broken on the c550 as im randomly guessing/making up/might be true there might be a fair few upset punters about (and i need a new pda)

later

Owen

Guest mupwangle

>>and an uly looking jar

To be honest I prefer the orange version. The worst (and I would be surprised if anyone disagreed) is the voda version as it is branded in 50ft letters of fire* with the voda logo.

I'm quite surprised that they're offering the M500 before the C550. The c550 has been in the store briefings for a wee while and the m500 hasn't been mentioined at all.

*I may be overestimating the prominence of the logo but it is blimmin' huge!

Guest someone

The M500 is being sold for more than a moth already in The Netherlands. A few weeks ago I had one in my hand in an Orange Shop, it gave me the same (trusted) feeling as the Jam although I prefer the looks of the Jam more than the M500.

Guest drm256
Well I have my official M500 on order. My account manager processed the order no probs and they are showing in stock!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They were released mid last week, I ordered one on Thursday - it was delivered on Friday am. As stated above, the price is £250 sim free. I'm a coporate business customer, not sure if they're released to the public yet.

Dan.

Guest bugsy

I've been away from the pocket pc phone for awhile. Does this thing really have a 640X320 screen? If that's true it should be a really sharp display

They were released mid last week, I ordered one on Thursday - it was delivered on Friday am. As stated above, the price is £250 sim free. I'm a coporate business customer, not sure if they're released to the public yet.

Dan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.