C500 UK Update now

Guest beersoft

Guest simon211175

I tried that before posting. The POP3 account setup facility is no longer there - that's what I meant in my post above!

Guest simon211175
How do I turn cleartype back on? Tried custom cabbage but it didn't work

worked for me, have you rebooted since running it, or do you get any error?

Guest Chase
worked for me, have you rebooted since running it, or do you get any error?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Made the schoolboy error of not selecting Typhoon on the custom cabbage page :)

Guest jim.mason

Done the update this earlier today, just thought I would reset all my custom (contact) ringtones. Used RJV Regtweaks to amend the path and rebooted, but still nothing shows in the list when I go to add a custom ringtone.

B4 anyone asks, yes there are tones in the right folder!!

Have also checked the registry for this and that appears correct as well.

Any ideas out there???????

Cheers

Jim

Guest sameerabedi

Dear all

I was under the impression that the new update allows u to assign mp3 tunes as ringtones from the miniSD card - anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Guest Carlos Fandango

I've attempted to update the ROM on my phone 5 times now with no success.

Thinking that maybe some of the third-party apps I have on it may be causing confilcts with the update, I reset the phone to its original shipping configuration.

Despite the reset the upgrade still refuses to work. The error message I recieve on the PC is :

ERROR [264] : CONNECTION

It suggests that it may be something to do with the USB connection I have. It works fine with ActiveSync and normal usage, but just flips out when trying to do the upgrade.

Just to ensure it's not the USB port on my PC, I reconnected the USB lead to a completely different port on the PC, and still get the same annoying error!

Anybody else had this problem and know how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance...

Guest Griff_FFOC
Dear all

I was under the impression that the new update allows u to assign mp3 tunes as ringtones from the miniSD card - anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Add an MP3 into the "My Documents" folder on the storage card and then go into the sounds menu under "settings". It should then appear in the list of ringtones.

That's all I did and it worked no problems. :)

Guest MarkH
Add an MP3 into the "My Documents" folder on the storage card and then go into the sounds menu under "settings".  It should then appear in the list of ringtones. 

That's all I did and it worked no problems.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

have you noticed the mp3's only show up as the main ringtone - you can't assign them to individual contacts? :-(

Guest HEKTIK

Hi guys

Probably a really stupid question and something really minor that I've completely missed but is there a way to back up text messages on the phone?

Is there simply a file that I need to copy off the phone or is it more complicated than that??

TIA :)

EDIT: Ah, dont worry - I'm going to assume its the windows/messaging directory so I'll try that :D

Edited by HEKTIK

Guest monstersc

still can't get this to work. when installing the old rom i get error 296 as if the bootloader is still restricted. i followed the instructions to the letter. getting bored of trying now!

Guest HEKTIK

Right... I just started doing the upgrade...

The phone screen changed to red green and blue stripes and then a progress bar came up...

** THEN MY PC RESTARTED! **

Now I cant do anything with it as Active Sync doesnt recognise I have a phone connected...

Ive restarted the phone and its now stuck on the red green and blue screen :)

Any ideas anyone??

Guest mattpatman
have you noticed the mp3's only show up as the main ringtone - you can't assign them to individual contacts? :-(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not updated my phone yet as cant get orange back up to work and cant be arsed to write down all my phone numbers and manually key them in again.... but, prior to the update, ringtones had to be on the phone itself not the storage card (in storage / my documents) to assign them to a particular contact...

Guest Pondrew
Right... I just started doing the upgrade...

The phone screen changed to red green and blue stripes and then a progress bar came up...

** THEN MY PC RESTARTED! **

Now I cant do anything with it as Active Sync doesnt recognise I have a phone connected...

Ive restarted the phone and its now stuck on the red green and blue screen :)

Any ideas anyone??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, with the device in bootloader mode (the red green and blue screen) you should reconnect the device ensuring the mini usb cable is plugged directly to your pc's usb port (no usb hubs). Also ensure your firewall is switched off.

Activesync doesn't have to be connected. Just rerun the update and it should hopefully start updating again and assuming your PC doesn't throw another wobbly the update should complete succesfully.

Guest HEKTIK

Thanks Pondrew - I gave up doing it on my PC - I tried about 10 times and it rebooted the PC everytime. I found that my PC was set to reboot on a critical error rather than show the message so when I changed that the Orange updater came up with an error box when it would have rebooted... :D

Just tried it on my flat mates PC and everything worked fine first go :)

Thanks for the help there! Any idea on the best way to get all my messages back though? :D

Guest confused and hungover
I've attempted to update the ROM on my phone 5 times now with no success.

Thinking that maybe some of the third-party apps I have on it may be causing confilcts with the update, I reset the phone to its original shipping configuration.

Despite the reset the upgrade still refuses to work. The error message I recieve on the PC is :

ERROR [264] : CONNECTION

It suggests that it may be something to do with the USB connection I have. It works fine with ActiveSync and normal usage, but just flips out when trying to do the upgrade.

Just to ensure it's not the USB port on my PC, I reconnected the USB lead to a completely different port on the PC, and still get the same annoying error!

Anybody else had this problem and know how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

check back earlier in the thread for mention of upgrading the dutch rom to uk rom, there're some links to software that will let you change your phone to have no set country, i'm guessing you're not in the UK? my phone was set to be Dutch, i changed this then the rom flashed no problem.

Guest PayableOnDeath
not updated my phone yet as cant get orange back up to work and cant be arsed to write down all my phone numbers and manually key them in again.... but, prior to the update, ringtones had to be on the phone itself not the storage card (in storage / my documents) to assign them to a particular contact...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sync you phone with outlook that will back up all you numbers, then after the update sync the numbers back :)

there are addons for outlook somewhere that will allow outlook to backup text messages too, but dont think you can put them back on the phone :?: :??:

Guest Carlos Fandango
check back earlier in the thread for mention of upgrading the dutch rom to uk rom, there're some links to software that will let you change your phone to have no set country, i'm guessing you're not in the UK? my phone was set to be Dutch, i changed this then the rom flashed no problem.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm in the UK, and its a standard Orange phone.

Tried once again last night, and still it didn't work! :cry:

I'm in the UK, and its a standard Orange phone.

Tried once again last night, and still it didn't work!  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

do you already have the french rom?

Guest bosshogg
I tried that before posting. The POP3 account setup facility is no longer there - that's what I meant in my post above!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To set up a POP3 account, go to Messaging, then on the context menu select Options ->Account Setup. Click "New" from the menu, and then one of the pages in the wizard will allow you to select POP3 as the account type.

Guest Carlos Fandango
do you already have the french rom?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

French ROM? What are you asking here?

To clarify...

I have a standard UK SPV c500 as supplied by Orange UK. I have reset the installation to how it was when originally supplied to me. I have not at any point performed any form of ROM update in the past.

With the phone set to its original configuration, I am unable to install the new UK ROM upgrade supplied by Orange.

French ROM? What are you asking here?

To clarify...

I have a standard UK SPV c500 as supplied by Orange UK. I have reset the installation to how it was when originally supplied to me. I have not at any point performed any form of ROM update in the past.

With the phone set to its original configuration, I am unable to install the new UK ROM upgrade supplied by Orange.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok, the error code you're getting is exactly the same as the one i had. i followed the instructions on this post... http://www.modaco.com/Install_newest_QTek_...00-t207547.html

substituting the QTek rom for the new Orange ROM and it worked fine. i'm not sure if it will work for you but it (probably) can't hurt,

Guest shutdown
To set up a POP3 account, go to Messaging, then on the context menu select Options ->Account Setup. Click "New" from the menu, and then one of the pages in the wizard will allow you to select POP3 as the account type.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was wondering what happened to my POP account!!

I get no context menu when in messaging

I get :

1:Media messaging

2: Text

3:Outlook Email

4:IMAP4

and the menu button only says Select

I'm missing something from my menu?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.