C550, impresions

Guest the_ape

Guest ptwilliams
Has anyone else noticed how small the font is on the Incoming Call screen on the C550 ?

Its just small black text on a white background.

Is there any way to change this ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorted it! This thing is so much more configurable than the C500! Options everywhere !

the_ape

congrats with your new phone!!

i have some questions regarding the c550, some of theme are already asked by others

1) the 'tss' sound-bug is still there?

2) can you test smartnes (get it from here) and tell me if it works without slowdowns?

3) the multi-press issue is avaiable in c550 (ie: cannot press more than 1 key at once)?

4) clock alarm is avaiable if the phone is turned off?

Thanx

Edited by DSF

Guest dolphinsmile
Some piccies of the phone (with it's sister)

These taken with my work XDAII as that's the only other camera I have here.....

You will see also the other thing I forgot to mention, there is another button above the volume buttons on the left side, that launches IE.

Also You can see what I mean about the IR port on the top view, it's massive!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The silver c550 looks horrid next to the black c500.

Guest spark-x

You say the screen is "Amazing! best screen I've seen on a phone!" - but it's still only 64k colours, have you seen any of the Vodephone (Beckham) models? How does it compare?

cheers 8)

Guest zen123

Better in every way over the C500 except for

1/ The row of function keys below the screen should be bigger. Maybe they should have swapped it around with the big music player buttons, afterall it is a phone 1st & music player 2nd

2/ Don't like the plastic cover for on the bottom of the phone

3/ Prefer the backlight to be in blue

Guest head3d
can anyone confirm if AACs will play on WMP10 on the C550?

Thank you!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

acording to the manual the Audio Formats supported are:

Windows Media Audio

MP3

MIDI

AMR Narrow Band

AMR Wide Band

and AAC

but i have only try mp3 and wma so far!

Hope this helps machiavell1

Guest machiavell1
acording to the manual the Audio Formats supported are:

Windows Media Audio

MP3

MIDI

AMR Narrow Band

AMR Wide Band

and AAC

but i have only try mp3 and wma so far!

Hope this helps machiavell1

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It does indeed, Thanks! That's strange considering the c500 WMP 10 doesn't.

Incidentally, could you let me know what the SAR is? It should be in the manual or on the side of the box...

This could be a bit of a winner...

Guest head3d
It does indeed, Thanks! That's strange considering the c500 WMP 10 doesn't.

Incidentally, could you let me know what the SAR is? It should be in the manual or on the side of the box...

This could be a bit of a winner...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the side of the box its says "SAR(10g) 0.645 W/kg" you might also want to have a look here http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=222878&hl=SAR+C550 they are also talking about it there.

Zippy ref USB speed i have look in the manual(its rather thick so was a quick look) and all it says is "Standard 5-pin Mini-USB port for signal and power"! Unfortunetly none of my usb2 cable are mini so i cant test it for you either!

let me know if there is any other question i can try and help with

Cheers

Edited by head3d

Guest the_ape

It does support AAC, however only if synced through media 10 as far as I can tell (media player does not recognise the m4a extension that iTunes uses).

TSS, can't say I've heard it, listend to a fair chunk of music now and cant hear it, and I could on the 500.......

Also for font changes on the incoming call screen

Try start 5 / 3 / menu / 7 / 4

Change font etc there..... Hope that helps anyone that needs it.

Guest machiavell1
It does support AAC, however only if synced through media 10 as far as I can tell (media player does not recognise the m4a extension that iTunes uses).

TSS, can't say I've heard it, listend to a fair chunk of music now and cant hear it, and I could on the 500.......

Also for font changes on the incoming call screen

Try start 5 / 3 / menu / 7 / 4

Change font etc there..... Hope that helps anyone that needs it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks guys. I tried .mp4 for AAC also, but WMP10 isn't picking it up either. strange...

Ape, have you been able to sync any wma from WMP10 on your pc to the C550. I have trived both DRM protected and non protected an niether will sync.

WMP10 on the pc sees the device ok and starts the sync which gets to 10% on the first track then aborts. My SD card is littered with partial track that I cant delete without fromatting!! Im wordering if its just me or is this a general problem?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have the same problem wont even let me drag & drop wma's through "explore" cabs worked ok as well as wav's...whats wrong

i want my next generation music phone to play music :-(

Guest Big Baker

Hi, dont suppose you know if the spv c550 will take a 1gb mini sd card?

get my phone next week and fancied getting a big card ready for when phone arrives.

Guest ads52
Hi, dont suppose you know if the spv c550 will take a 1gb mini sd card?

get my phone next week and fancied getting a big card ready for when phone arrives.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep it will!!! Got one in mine

Guest superflysi

Brilliant new toy for me to play with - one big worry though...... not sure how long the rubber protector over headphone/usb jack is going to last. Not sure if it comes off but its atight fit with the headphones in.

Guest removed-2

OK, so got my C550 now - its great, still gutted about TomTom Mobile 5 tho.

Anyway I have the following questions:-

1. Has anyone tried the Facade Home screen? The fonts and icons are all out of line on mine

2. Does anyone find the orange home screen slow? Its seemed ok before I synced it with outlook then it slowed down.

3. Is there a way to change the font on the start menu screen to take the bold of or even to customize fonts more, like calender?

Thanks

Mark

Sorted it!  This thing is so much more configurable than the C500!  Options everywhere !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where exactly did you sort it? I have only found how to amend individual contacts, but not everyone, I'd like the big font same as on the C500.

Guest the_ape

You can change font sizes etc on the home screen just edit the storage\application data\home\themename.xml file and change the font size etc. It also seems that the screen slows down slightly (home screen that is) if you use a theme that is not 'native' size dont know why?

If you go start 5 / 3 / menu / 7 / 4 / font size 30 that seems ok for me........ for font size of incoming callers, you can also set a default photo for all users without one in there (option 2 from the menu)

Syncing music/video seems fine got my collection on.... using a 1gb card

post-60020-1121477488_thumb.jpg

Guest pd.ryder
Beta Player : (TCPMP) Works have to change the screen driver though from GAPI to GDI

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do I do this? I had Betaplayer sorted on my E200 and this screen res problem is messing with my head :)

Guest superflysi

Another thing that I have noticed - is how long it takes to Boot. I am only comparing to my E200..

It takes quite a while - probably just over 30 secs..

Guest head3d
i have the same problem wont even let me drag & drop wma's through "explore" cabs worked ok as well as wav's...whats wrong

i want my next generation music phone to play music :-(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeh im getting this problem now too :roll:

Guest pd.ryder

I managed to 'drag-and-drop' a Foo Fighters album (as mp3's) onto the Storage Card with no trouble at all. I haven't had the opportunity to try Syncing with WMP yet.

Guest the_ape

TCPMP - Launch it, click Right softkey, video, driver, GDI should be good to go then

As for WMP10, make sure that you have got the lastest PC WMP10 (do a help check for updates), also I have got mine decerted so try that (dunno if they try lock it to 'orange' media?)

besides that I'm good.....