C550 disappointing.

Guest simon11

Guest chedmaster

that is EXACTLY what i wanted to hear! youre my new favourite person! i have to say, having upgraded from a c500 i still think its worth it.

Guest Irondragon

I have the same problem with mine. Ive been charging my C550 by putting the battery in my okd c500.

If i plug in the charger with the c550 it goes green in about a minute. the charge goes from say 30% to 100%. Unplug the charger and percentage goes back to 30%.

Is the phone really being charged? What is up with these new batterys. The C500 did not do this.......

Guest Red Fish

Logged in and had a look at C550 posts in anticipation of mine arriving tomorrow.

So far I can ascertain.

1. loads of you don't know what you're talking about regarding old SPV's!

E100 was a brick with an 8 way fab joystick - but had 3 replacements to get decent firmware ! - got mine the week they came out

E200 was an improvement but battery life sucked - upgraded 1st day they were available

(ha ha ha to the stupid bugger who nicked mine out my handbag in Bishopsgate EC2 last Summer it was a pants phone)

C500 - thanks Orange for the freebie (long story!!!) not an upgrade.

100% better battery life except came in nasty black that looks tatty when bashed around in handbag. Not sure about joystick but better than E200's. Phone smaller and easier to lose in said bag. Love this phone

Love affair over. Eagerly awaiting new Silver C550. May actually start to use some if the functionality. Currently only use Calendar and Contacts !!! Like the idea of Media controls on front. May get around to downloading some tunes now !

Come on guys. A phone is a phone, but an SPV is something special.

Love your SPV and it will love you :)

Guest chedmaster

i love mine, everyone has been saying its not worth upgrading from c500, but i think it is. A fix fior WMP10 is on the way, games will soon support qvga and look stunning and the camera is amazing, just turn the brightness down a bit. music without "tssss" is a dream, and the media buttons rock.

Guest muddy250
Hold my hand up to that one!  I was reading an article that said it was larger than the c500. On the Orange site it states that it is the same size?

Simon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's bigger, not by much, 1mm thicker, 2mm wider, 2mm longer. Doesn't sound much, makes a big difference to the feel tho.