[INFO] Decert + SIM Unlock C550

Guest Zone-MR

Guest designschedule

thanks for responding so quickly.

after i have changed these values when i try and run cert.cab i get a message reading:

installation failed. the program or setting cannot be installed because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate.

what should i do?

many thanks

tim.

Guest designschedule

Hi,

have done a hard reset and reg editor now does its job. i think if you've been messing around with unlocking techniques a hard reset before trying this specifi technique is essential. also, unlplug any cables to hard reset.

however:

cert.cab now installs perfectlty, but when i try nd run spvservices.exe i get a message saying that it is not a valid windows ce application.

please somebody save me from the brink on a mental breakdown...

thanks

Guest mini_man

heh heh newbies! continue reading that thread i gave you. it will give u more information.

but the program that your trying to run is supposed to be run on the pc!!

Guest designschedule

What an idiot i am. Thanks guys worked a treat!

This is a great and very efficient forum.

Should have come here before I got robbed of a fiver from some crap unlock from ebay.

Thanks again, you're help is much appreciated.

Kind regards

Tim.

Hello guys and girls :)

Got my SPV C550 application unlocked and also got rid of the SIMLock. so now I can use any provider I want. I've tried to put everything in a word file so if any1 wants to give it a try plz let me know if it works.

cheers and tnx to this forum LMAO

Unlock_SPV_C550.doc

Edited by lmao

I'm having trouble with this :)

Got my PAYG C550 yesterday but it wouldn't get a signal - phoned up Orange today who said that the blacklist hadn't been removed so they did that for me and I could get it to work with the Orange sim.

Did the unlock procedure OK, my o2 sim no longer gives the "invalid sim" message, nor asks me for an unlock code. However, it acts like it is still blacklisted, never acquiring a signal and showing "Denied, searching" on the screen like it first did with the Orange sim.

I phoned Orange again to double-check the IMEI and they confirmed that the phone wasn't blacklisted. I guess my next call will be to O2 to get them to check it - but Orange said that there is just one national blacklist register now?! This is really annoying!

Guest sambarrett0

I used the registry tweak and then the program and it unlocked it. i put in my virgin mobile sim card and it all loads fine. but when i try to make a call it beeps 3 times and then hangs up. also when i call it from my landline it said "calls are not currently being connected to this number" 2 times

is this because i did something wrong unlocking it or is it a problem with virgin mobile?

Guest Pondrew
...when i call it from my landline it said "calls are not currently being connected to this number" 2 times

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds to me like the sim card is inactive. Is it an old sim card? Or is it a new pay as you go in which case it probably needs activating?

Guest sambarrett0
Sounds to me like the sim card is inactive. Is it an old sim card? Or is it a new pay as you go in which case it probably needs activating?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i found out the problem, it was a phone i had bought off ebay and it had been reported stolen and barred from all networks, i got my money back luckily enough though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest v4victory
Heya... I'd just like to confirm that our free C500 SIM unlock tool works perfectly on the C550 (thanks nedge2k for the testing) :)

To decert (application unlock) the C550, simply change these keys using the attached registry editor (it's the freeware PHM editor signed by HTC):

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 1 (RAPI)

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 40 (Cert)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Simple way to unlock your application lock on ur c500 cool stuff many thanks Mr

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vkochar

;) hey guys, i am new to this site and i think all you guys giving tips on unlocking spv 550 , you are awesome, I had 2 phones kept with me for 2 months and i payed 200 quid for it, stumbled on this site and got it done free, you guys just rock, thanks a million

Guest mikea47
Erm ^^^^

Only other way would be to bluetooth/ir it across

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I successfully app unlocked with regedit and loaded cert,cab plus TyphoonNB.dll and executed cert. But when I try to run SPVServices, after AGREE and Login I get a message "Illegal ReadZone attempt. RAPI Init Failed"

Tried severaltimes spread out over about 12 hours. Have I missed something?

Guest mikea47
are you running spv services on the computer?

make sure its not on the phone ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was on the computer, not sure if Activ Sync was connected - should it be?

Does SPV services look to the internet first or the phone? It seems to have failed on whatever its first action was.

Guest mikea47
is this your first time unlocking this phone? as you only need to do it once even if you hard reset.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First time unlocking, I will try as you say and try again.

Thanks.

Guest mikea47
First time unlocking, I will try as you say and try again.

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mini-man. Hey presto! It worked a dream this time.. Thanks a million ;)

hklm actually means hkey_local_machine

if your worried about playing with the registry check out this thread

http://www.modaco.com/HELP_ME_please-t235808.html

the person had trouble unlocking but i made a pretty picture guide of registry editing.

enjoy!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mini_man your a star... that set up guide is brilliant...

Was having problems with the decert last night (as I didn't know how to use the regedit app properly) and didn't have time to look around...

Gonna do the unlock tonight now ;)

Thanks again for the guide

Gaz