[INFO] Decert + SIM Unlock C550

Guest Zone-MR

Guest pierre

Hi,

Many thanks for these great tools. I am about to get myself a C550 today or tomorrow. So it will be of great use!

Anyone can confirm if it is ok to upgrade it with the latest Imate rom?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PetePrice

After a couple of stumbles i unlocked my old c550 and can now give it to my son who has an o2 PAYG sim. THnaks for all the assistance posted it was great. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wazp1

Thanks guys for developing this great tool!!! :P

Unlocked my old Orange spv 500 in about a minute, now on a pay go O2. Going to do my c600 later.

(lol I am still a newbie, been around since 2003, I really must post more....... ;)

Edited by wazp1

Guest jonboymobile
Heya... I'd just like to confirm that our free C500 SIM unlock tool works perfectly on the C550 (thanks nedge2k for the testing) ;)

To decert (application unlock) the C550, simply change these keys using the attached registry editor (it's the freeware PHM editor signed by HTC):

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 1 (RAPI)

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 40 (Cert)

Sorry to be an idiot but I'm trying to locate the C500 sim unlock software but cant locate the link.

Can you help?

Guest Pondrew
Sorry to be an idiot but I'm trying to locate the C500 sim unlock software but cant locate the link.

Can you help?

Please don't cross post jonboymobile. Continue here where your question has been answered.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MrGimper

Hi dudes,

Cant get any of this to work on my new C600. Copied reg editor to the SPV but when I try and run it I get Access Denied because its not digitally signed.

Help please ;)

Mr G

• 1 month later...
Guest bogiashare

I had this problem with C500, i need unlock SIMlock.I can not install Cart.cab on may phone, because i don't use Start on phone. When i turn on the phone, on screen is report "Invalid or missing SIM card" and i insert my SIM - that is not Orange SIM, on screen is report "SIMlock You have try 8 times please wait for retry". Both of case, i don't log on my phone.

Please help me!

• 1 month later...
Guest Michaelangelo

DeCert & Unlock worked nicely for me on C550.

one point though, I copied the cert to the phone before changing the registry. It then wouldn't install the cert until I deleted the cert and copied it to the phone again. So do the registry changes first, then copy the cert onto the phone.

Both Regedit and cert copied over USB cable with no problems - no card reader was needed.

An excellent tool !

Guest frankas
Heya... I'd just like to confirm that our free C500 SIM unlock tool works perfectly on the C550 (thanks nedge2k for the testing) :)

To decert (application unlock) the C550, simply change these keys using the attached registry editor (it's the freeware PHM editor signed by HTC):

I used the original instuctions fine on my old C500 last year. Now on the C550, I've installed the cert.cab and regedit, changed the register values exactly as shown, run SPVServices on my PC with the C550 connected up via ActiveSync, typed "AGREE" where requested... and nothing happened. I was asked to type AGREE again, and again. I thought the phone might have been unlocked without SPVServices saying so, but when I tried another SIM card, my phone showed "SIM Locked, enter Unlock code." Any thoughts? I need the SIM unlocked for Aug 16, help would be much appreciated!

Guest pierre
I used the original instuctions fine on my old C500 last year. Now on the C550, I've installed the cert.cab and regedit, changed the register values exactly as shown, run SPVServices on my PC with the C550 connected up via ActiveSync, typed "AGREE" where requested... and nothing happened. I was asked to type AGREE again, and again. I thought the phone might have been unlocked without SPVServices saying so, but when I tried another SIM card, my phone showed "SIM Locked, enter Unlock code." Any thoughts? I need the SIM unlocked for Aug 16, help would be much appreciated!

Could you eventually make it? Were you actually able to launch the .cab from your phone. Otherwise, it could be that it still need to be app unlock first.

Guest frankas
Could you eventually make it? Were you actually able to launch the .cab from your phone. Otherwise, it could be that it still need to be app unlock first.
Tks for your reply but no, I couldn't do it. I did launch the .cab but the phone remained locked. Eventually, I took it to a place in Oxford St and paid

• 2 months later...
Guest zaphod7538
Heya... I'd just like to confirm that our free C500 SIM unlock tool works perfectly on the C550 (thanks nedge2k for the testing) :rolleyes:

I got the new Tmobile Dash (HTC S620). I followed these steps but the registry appears to be read only. I can't change any of the values. Either the registry is locked by tmobile or this regedit program doesn't work on this model. One thought is that I can't unzip it on the phone... I don't see a way to do that. So instead, I unzipped on the PC and copied the exe. It seems to work, but some of these posts make a big deal about unzipping on the phone.

Any other ideas on how to put my own root cert on this phone?

• 5 months later...
Guest swissSPVc550User

hy iam a complet newbie wit smartphones and unlocking

iam a swiss suer of a locked orange spv c550 wen i isnert my (sunrise sim card) and put the c550 on it comes a field how i must enterin a unlock code only, how it goes this how i unlock my spv c550?

networck is locked

please input unlock code

canm enybode give mue just this code pls?

and then when iam entering the code well be the c550 unlocked completly, so i can run every sim card from every provider, and installing software sendins sms mms make phoen call ect??

can enybody help me please imediatly im freak in out..

sorry for my bad english but thanks to forward and help me

• 4 months later...
Guest ISOFREAK

I can't writing a "=" in the registry editor?!?

I don't seem to be able to app unlock using the registry editor, could someone give me some more detailed instructions?

cheers

Guest Confucious

Welcome to the forum ISOFREAK

You don't need to type =

If you navigate to the key and select it the value will be displayed (depending on the reg editor you use uou might have to use the menu to edit the value) then you just change it.

HTh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
A quick look in the Dash forum and you would have found the answer, No.

Hey im also a newbie, and u might have answered this question here....

I have the htc621 w/ WM6 and been trying to unlock the fone but when i change the values of say 00001001 to 1 it says iam unable to perform the operation. Seems like i do not have the rights with the fone or something to do this....

plz help someone, this is very frustrating!! :)

Guest mss4victor
Heya... I'd just like to confirm that our free C500 SIM unlock tool works perfectly on the C550 (thanks nedge2k for the testing) :)

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies0001001 = 1 (RAPI)

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies0001005 = 40 (Cert)

Dear you sim unlock tool liink is not working .

plz upload it again.