Accessories for the M500

Guest Behold

Guest Behold

Thought I would start a thread for people to place links and info about accessories for the M500 eg screen protectors car kits craddles etc.

Im mainly interested in a car holder.....

but i think all will benefit.

Thanks all

Guest Behold

I found a bit of software thats good not an accessory but a add in to allow MP3 ringtones. its freeware anyone that wants i will find the link again.

Guest pdaxtras

If you guys let me know which accessories you'd be interested in then I will get on to our supplier to get some in.

I will be ordering car chargers, standard sync and charge cables, retractable sync and charge cables and travel chargers for the m500 very shortly.

If you guys let me know which accessories you'd be interested in then I will get on to our supplier to get some in.

I will be ordering car chargers, standard sync and charge cables, retractable sync and charge cables and travel chargers for the m500 very shortly.

Im after a car holder if you can get one? I have the metal bracket in there but not the bit that holds the phone.

I think people would be interested in a desktop sync cradle too.

Guest digger

Next month I will be interested in the car holder (I have the Brodit mount for the C500, so a similar mount will be great) and the cradle.

Thought I would start a thread for people to place links and info about accessories for the M500 eg screen protectors car kits craddles etc.

Im mainly interested in a car holder.....

but i think all will benefit.

Thanks all

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't know if any1 else has come accross this site? www.thepouch.com PDA protective cases for outdoor types whick look pretty much bomb proof. They do one for jam which I assume would be pretty good fit.

Guest pdaxtras

Let me see what I can dig up this week, if there's no specific Krussel case out yet then I can get one made up and then order them in qty.

Cradles may be a little tougher, but again I can get these manufactured from scratch if need be.

I'll let you know when i've got more news.

Edit, Is this the kind of desktop cradle you guys are thinking of?

cradle1[1].jpg

Edited by pdaxtras

Guest Behold

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail....9&associateid=9

ringtone patch.....

Apparently the c500 is the same charger so a retractable C500 cable will work. Im going to get the usb charger for car and a cable that way i will have a sync cable in the car when needed for on a pc.

Car holder i will be very interested.... anyone yet removed the bottom flap with out cutting????

Guest Behold

And can anyone recommend the best 1gb SD card www.mobymemory looks to be the fastest and cheapest. and looks to be good memory

Cheap 2gb would be nice!!!!

Guest jamesb
And can anyone recommend the best 1gb SD card www.mobymemory looks to be the fastest and cheapest. and looks to be good memory

Cheap 2gb would be nice!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bought a Mobymemorys own-make mini-sd for my C500 and it seems alright. Their hi-speed 2Gig SD card looks not bad at a 100 quid, but it doesnt list any Magician type devices in the compatability list so I'm not sure if there is a problem? Thats as rich as I can go right now so unless that card is okay, I'll probably be looking at a 1Gig card very soon - I dont think the 256Mb card I took out of my old MPx200 is going to have space for long!

Guest Disco Stu

It has been reported elsewhere that the MobyMemory own-brand 2gig SD card doesn't work with the Magician, though I can't confirm this.

Guest Behold

Well there site lists other make 2gb as compatible but not theres so its probably not. but im looking at the 1gb i can't afford 2gb....

Well there site lists other make 2gb as compatible but not theres so its probably not. but im looking at the 1gb i can't afford 2gb....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got the mobymemory 1gb card last week for M500. Only put on one game & a little music so far but works fine.

Guest PompeyBish
Behold, as Ash said, the M500 has the set as ringtone option without requiring a patch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do you do that then? Ive had to convert MP3 to WAV changing a 110kb file to 3.5Mb

Please please please tell me

Guest sleighty
Let me see what I can dig up this week, if there's no specific Krussel case out yet then I can get one made up and then order them in qty.

Cradles may be a little tougher, but again I can get these manufactured from scratch if need be.

I'll let you know when i've got more news.

Edit, Is this the kind of desktop cradle you guys are thinking of?

cradle1[1].jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

its not as nice as the E200 cradle, but I will miss not having my phone set up at bedside so something like that would be good. The rubber flap is going to be a problem tho'.

I do need car mount too - suction fitting for windscreen as no other suitable place.

will look forward to seeing what you come up with :)

Guest Confused Stu

I have the unfortunate pleasure of being able to confirm that Mobymemory's own-brand 2GB SD cards do NOT work with the M500. I'm currently in the process of sending it back in order to get one that works. :roll:

That said, the Spectec WiFi card (the one that only sticks out a couple of mm or so) is superb and works easily and simply straight out the box (after running the CD on the PC and then syncing the phone). It's gonna take me a while to remember what security I've set on my router at home, so in the meantime can confirm it connects to next door's (unsecured) router really easily! :)

Guest jamesb
How do you do that then? Ive had to convert MP3 to WAV changing a 110kb file to 3.5Mb

Please please please tell me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, if you insist :)

Find the MP3 in file Explorer, tap and hold for the shortcut menu, and "Set as Ringtone" should be the last option.

Worked for me, although I did wonder where the Coldplay music was coming from the first time my phone rang...