Official 1.47 EMEA Generic Rom available!

Guest rsrocha

Guest rsrocha

New rom is out! Official 1.47 EMEA (European) Generic Rom. Contains Russian Language Pack.

Where? Do some googling and youll find... :)

Guest roma0803
not that new then, if nothing is different, why upgrade and risk messing something up?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Better reception, better soundquality, no delay when answering, stable, better memorymanagement. I've got the impression it's easier on the battery. I had the 1.15 ROM, hardly had any problems just a bit of a lagging phone after 48+ hours of running time. This ROM just "feels" better overall. So far 72 hours up and running and not a single issue, not the slightest.

Guest kpablo

It would be possible to be said that it is same version 1,43 but for the European and African market... :)

The package of language that exists is in UK English, US English, Italian, Turkish, German, French, Spanish, in one of the archives and in the other that I did not prove I believe that it includes English and Russian...

Guest spankersbor

Great, so the EMEA rom is available and according to other posts, we need to trick the US update tool into updating the Mpx220. Does anybody know where I can find the European update tool without too much hassle? Or do I really need to trick the US update tool? I tried google, but apparently I am useless at finding anything ;-)

Oh yeah

<<-- I'm a noob

Edited by spankersbor

Guest roma0803
Great, so the EMEA rom is available and according to other posts, we need to trick the US update tool into updating the Mpx220. Does anybody know where I can find the European update tool without too much hassle? Or do I really need to trick the US update tool? I tried google, but apparently I am useless at finding anything ;-)

Oh yeah

<<-- I'm a noob

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can do a search at Surreal Networks for the updater. Install the updater and follow the instructions and even a n00b can do the trick :)

Since I have no confirmation the 1.47 ROM is a official release (and I think not since it's nowhere at the Moto site), I can't point you in the right direction there without breaking the rules of this board. But I'm sure Google can help you out.

Guest rsrocha

The rom is official. But motorola doesnt want costumers to update their phones because of warranty issues. In USA its different because the update tools at motorola site were "sponsored" by Cingular and ATT who gives their own warranty service. Now you can figure out why motorola only update phones at their service centers. As for operator specific phones, they dont bother because operators provide their own warranty service so they can release updates to costumers as the operator takes the responsabilities.

Guest scar19

Oh yeah

<<-- I'm a noob

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm using the Offline Explorer available at Surreal Networks (v1.8.5), but I can't upgrade my 3.46 ROM to the new 1.47.

After I choose the ROM location (Step 3), I press "Next" and Windows gives an error message and closes the program...

Any ideas how to solve this? :?:

Guest spankersbor

Hi guys

for a noob I didn't do too bad. 1.47 is up and running on my phone with European langauge and locale support. Googling to find the update didn't help but the posts here pointed in the right direction ;-)

Updating is relativly painless and simple to do. So all I need to do now is find out exactly what the firmware upgrade does.

<-- Second post and still a noob, I deserve a medal

Guest spankersbor
I'm using the Offline Explorer available at Surreal Networks (v1.8.5), but I can't upgrade my 3.46 ROM to the new 1.47.

After I choose the ROM location (Step 3), I press "Next" and Windows gives an error message and closes the program...

Any ideas how to solve this? :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perhaps a new computer?

Useless suggestion, just wanted three posts

<--- 3 posts and and still a noob

Guest roma0803
The rom is official. But motorola doesnt want costumers to update their phones because of warranty issues. In USA its different because the update tools at motorola site were "sponsored" by Cingular and ATT who gives their own warranty service. Now you can figure out why motorola only update phones at their service centers. As for operator specific phones, they dont bother because operators provide their own warranty service so they can release updates to costumers as the operator takes the responsabilities.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, that makes sense. Thanx.

Guest JorgeCCastro

Hi there, i got a few questions... In the Resource Manager below device info i got O.S.: 4.210

Is that the firmware version?

If it is, is 1.47 Rom newer?

if so, how do i update, i already have the Rom but no update tool...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Guest Paraklas
Hi there, i got a few questions... In the Resource Manager below device info i got O.S.: 4.210

Is that the firmware version?

If it is, is 1.47 Rom newer?

if so, how do i update, i already have the Rom but no update tool...

Thanks in advance for any help!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To find what version you have, type *#**837# and green dial key.

Guest JorgeCCastro

thanks for the info... i updgraded to 1.47 Rom but in the Settings menu, the Phone Settings (where you change the Ext. LCD image) don't work!! it won't open!

Is there a solution!?

Guest roma0803
thanks for the info... i updgraded to 1.47 Rom but in the Settings menu, the Phone Settings (where you change the Ext. LCD image) don't work!! it won't open!

Is there a solution!?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean you can't get in to the settings menu at all? Have you restarted the phone once more?

Guest mirdir

Hi, I installed the ROM (upgrade from 1.43) and everything is working OK. But when I type *#**837# SW Ver: says 1.150-0 (?). Question ofcource is, if it realy worked out, ok.

Guest birlest

Sorry...I downloaded the upgrade to 1.47: is a .rar file.

How do I now install it on the mobile?

Do I have to copy it somewhere in the MPX220...just the file like it is now ?

Thanks

Guest roma0803
Sorry...I downloaded the upgrade to 1.47: is a .rar file.

How do I now install it on the mobile?

Do I have to copy it somewhere in the MPX220...just the file like it is now ?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unpack the file with WinRAR (like WinZIP) and use the offline updater to install.

Guest birlest
Unpack the file with WinRAR (like WinZIP) and use the offline updater to install.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I unpacked it...but the file is in a folder named Russia_Retail. I am looking for a release where I can use Italian. How can I work it out?

Sorry again..."offline updater"? what do you mean?

Thanks

Guest roma0803
I unpacked it...but the file is in a folder named Russia_Retail. I am looking for a release where I can use Italian. How can I work it out?

Sorry again..."offline updater"? what do you mean?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do a search at Surreal Networks for the offline updater. This is a modified Motorola updater that allows you flashing your phone without connection to the Motorola site. I believe I used the file MDS-4-1470-4001-000.mlf to flash with.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just installed the 1.47 rom and my my phone works. However, there are 2 problems, I can no longer connect to the internet and i would like to try and make the date and time US style vs. the european style. Can anybody help out. I also tried to reinstall the 1.43 rom through the moto auto updater, but it says i have the latest op system. Any help would be much appreciated