Voyager modding.

Guest hal9k

Guest hal9k

Since my SPV E200 was a bit scratched, and with lost portions of paint on a button, I decided to paint it and to change its look at the same time. I've seen the Sharp GX25 Ferrari Edition and decided to make something similar with my E200.

Here you can see the original pieces of the E200 fully dismantled:

04-Primer_despiece.jpg

08-Despiece_frontal.jpg

09-Despiece_lateral.jpg

10-Despiece_trasero.jpg

Once dismantled I used sandpaper to remove the old paint and then I used spray cans of Tamiya painting, these paintings are used to paint scale models.

This picture shows the pieces already painted:

14-piezas_pintadas.jpg

And finally, the finished Voyager "Ferrari Edition" :):

15-8080_terminado.jpg

16-8080_terminado_2.jpg

Now, who is next? :twisted:

Guest hal9k
Beautiful!  =D>

How did you get that Ferrari logo on the phone? Is it just a sticker?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, pzee.

As for the logo... yes and no. It was printed over a printable water decal paper from SuperCal.

Guest hal9k
How do you guys go about painting around the screen? what do you use to mask it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is no spoon... errrr.... sorry... I mean, there was no screen :)

The phone was dismantled entirely. The front piece is indeed made of two pices, the main one and a screen frame which is mounted over it.

Guest Mowbli

Great work matey - Any chance of showing us how to dismantle the thing step by step? I m a rusty on these things and past history tells me that I havent got a clue. lol.

Thanks in advance! :)

Guest hal9k
Great work matey - Any chance of showing us how to dismantle the thing step by step? I m a rusty on these things and past history tells me that I havent got a clue. lol.

Thanks in advance! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I don't took pictures of the process. I thought it was not necessary since there is a guide right here at MoDaCo:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...20entry566248

• 5 months later...
hey just wondering once you had painted it how did u make the feel of the phone the same as it was originally? was it the paints you used?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used Tamiya acrylic paints for models. If you want a lasting painting you must paint each piece several times, waiting the recommended drying time, and finish with several layers of transparent lacquer.

Anyway this paint is more sensible to scratches and so, you should be delicate with your phone once painted.

Oh man... how do u open the phone?  ;) There's a link please with the guide?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, there is a guide here at MoDaCo already, the link is in the post #8 of this thread.

Yes, there is a guide here at MoDaCo already, the link is in the post #8 of this thread.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've found the "how to". ;) Thx. :D

PS Opening the cover of the phone is the best system to destroy the borders of the cover itself... :shock: