Sign in to follow this  
spinedoc

Spectec wifi card with smartphone drivers, help!

OK I recently picked up the Spectec low profile SD wifi card for my Pocket PC, works great. Well for the hell of it I emailed Spectec to ask if I could get it to work on my Sprint Samsung i600. They replied of course, provided it was SDIO and had WM03.

So they emailed me the smartphone drivers cab file. On installing I get the error message:

"Installation failed. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have adequate permissions."

I thought the Sprint version of the i600 was fully unlocked! Here I have a low profile wifi card which fits the i600 VERY nicely, and smartphone drivers, but cannot get them installed. I have read some posts on here about modifying the XML file and about a locked registry, but this is kind of foreign to me.

Well I posted this in the hopes that someone more smartphone/technically savvy than I could get this to work. Just PM me or email me at [email protected] and I can forward the drivers to you.

(BTW they have a bluetooth low profile card and after getting the wifi to work I was going to ask about the availability of a bluetooth driver).

is this issue solved? they have posted the smartphone drivers on their site but i have the problem of the install refusing to continue because it is unsigned with a digital cert....

I am trying to find a way to get my spectec wlan card to work I just got it off ebay and I have a samsung I600 and cannot find drivers if anyone knows where to find them let me know please

is this issue solved? they have posted the smartphone drivers on their site but i have the problem of the install refusing to continue because it is unsigned with a digital cert....

Hi--

Here I am in 2007 with the same problem and same error message as you and the first user. Have you figured out what to do to get it to work?

Anyone?

Could someone email me the most current driver?

Thanks!

Hi--

Here I am in 2007 with the same problem and same error message as you and the first user. Have you figured out what to do to get it to work?

Anyone?

Could someone email me the most current driver?

Thanks!

u need to unlock your phone ,