Urgent SPV E100 help required

Guest JJ_

Im a Nokia man myself but my friend had mentioned that his Orange SPV E100 messed up so i told him id try to fix it. The problem is the phone freezes on the orange sunset background whenever i power it on.

I thought id fix the problem with a hard reset but it never worked, only to freeze on the Card Found screen. The tut. i used to hard reset the phone is at http://msmobiles.com/catalog/i.php/166.html.

Without the memory in, when i hold the voice recording key and power on the phone it asks me to press any key to enter bootloader. Doing so brings up three different coloured screens. The version number stated is v1.00.

I have the datacable with me. I would appreciate any help. If im required to use the datacable, please specifiy which software i need to install. Thanks!! 8)

Timing is very important when doing hard reset. I hope this video guide will enlighten you about the process.

http://n.domaindlx.com/mssmartphone/hardreset/

Welcome to MoDaCo Forum. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Top guy, i managed to hard reset it and now am able to give it back to me m8. ;)

-EDIT 1-

P.S. Is there any way i could unlock the phone to all UK networks via code or datacable?

-EDIT 2-

It helps reading the stickeys :(. I managed to unlock the handset. :D

Edited by JJ_

• 6 months later...
Guest fatboyjohn
Im a Nokia man myself but my friend had mentioned that his Orange SPV E100 messed up so i told him id try to fix it. The problem is the phone freezes on the orange sunset background whenever i power it on.

I thought id fix the problem with a hard reset but it never worked, only to freeze on the Card Found screen. The tut. i used to hard reset the phone is at http://msmobiles.com/catalog/i.php/166.html.

Without the memory in, when i hold the voice recording key and power on the phone it asks me to press any key to enter bootloader. Doing so brings up three different coloured screens. The version number stated is v1.00.

I have the datacable with me. I would appreciate any help. If im required to use the datacable, please specifiy which software i need to install. Thanks!! 8)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have the EXACT SAME problem with my spv e100 - freezing on the orange sunset screen when i boot up. although i could not get the "hard reset" video to load, i followed other tutorials and booted up (with my storage card inside) while holding the "voice memo" key, reached the "press any key to enter bootloader" screen, pushed and held the joystick...... then i got a blank white screen - no boot options, no 3-colour canary screen, nowt - zero, zip, nada. this happens every time i try a hard reset.

help anyone?

Guest Geeklord

remove the card.

turn off the phone.

turn it on while holding the rec button.

within two tenths of a second after the screen lights up, press and hold the action button (joystick).

If you see the "press any key to enter bootloader" screen, you took to long.

do it over.

If you did it right, you'll get a grey screen with:

8. ERASE IPSM (or is it ISPM... sorry dyslexia)

Scroll down to 8. and click.

The phone should restart. display something like checksum passed. then restart again.

Voila, your phone has been reset hard :)

• 1 year later...
Guest martian

Top guy, i managed to hard reset it and now am able to give it back to me m8. ;)

-EDIT 1-

P.S. Is there any way i could unlock the phone to all UK networks via code or datacable?

-EDIT 2-

It helps reading the stickeys :D . I managed to unlock the handset. :)

how did you do the hard reset????? tell me by details pls.....................tnx