C550 Car charger - Non Curly

Guest NX5

Has anyone got a non-curly C550 car charger? I am assuming that the C500 chargers work on the C550.

I have looked at the C500 topics on this and tried to knock up a usb lead that would charge without active sync, but it wouldnt work. The lead didnt have the data side connected and pin 4 on the mini-b side was grounded but no go. I would buy one if I could find one without the curly lead. I already have a cigarette lighter usb adaptor so if I could find just the leads that would be a bonus as I would also like to use the lead for my emergency charger as well.

Guest Confucious

My non curly C500 charger works fine.

Your USB Ciggie lighter adaptor might not work even with the right cable depending on it's output.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Confucious

Sorry NX5, I missed your post.

I haven't got a clue where I got it apart from the internet! I did a search and bought it but can't remember where from. If I can find anything to remind me I'll let you know, it was some time ago now and I wouldn't have kept any paperwork but I'll see if I have any emails or anything.

[Edit] Have you tried looking here... http://www.smesolutions.co.uk/modaco/chargers_cables.htm - it's not where I bought mine but a good place to buy from [/Edit]

Edited by Confucious

Cheers confucious, I have now sorted the problem with the home made leads, it was the crappy mini usb connector from maplins!! Got some new connectors and hey presto, I now have a working in car charger and an emergency charger pack.