Anyone got a bluetooth GPS working with C550?

Guest ripnet

Guest ripnet

Is anyone successfully using a bluetooth GPS device with the C550? my old C500 worked OK with my d-connect device, but the C550 wont link up reliably.

What I am looking for is a situation like my old C500, where I can just turn on the GPS, and run Mapopolis, and it will start talking.

if anyone is running a bluetooth GPS with the 550 ok, can you reply and tell me the make/model of the GPS please?

thanks

g

Guest Confucious

CoPilot works fine with the CoPilot GPS and the C550. I've not tried Mapopolis but others have reported it works so hopefully one of them will be able to help you.

Good luck.

Guest ripnet

Hi,

thanks for the replies :)

I have now bought a GlobalSat BT-338 device, and I can confirm that it works great with the C550 and Mapopolis (at QVGA ;) )

The main difference between this and the old one (as far as Bluetooth is concened) is that the old one required an incoming com port, ie, the GPS had to contact the phone, but the new one is an outgoing com port, set to link straight to the GPS (ie, phone contacts gps). This seems a lot more logical to me (for example if I had 2 phones, which should the GPS connect to if an incoming port is used?)

I can also confirm that the BT-338 is very good at getting quick fixes, even indoors

g

Guest defect
I have now bought a GlobalSat BT-338 device, and I can confirm that it works great with the C550 and Mapopolis (at QVGA :) )

Could you tell me what exactly you have used for settings to get the GPS working? I have an Adapt BT GPS and tried everything (I think) to get the thing working with Mapopolis on my C550.

Mapopolis just won't find the GPS, even when I selected a com port in Mapopolis the program says "Searching Com0" and stays that way.

The GPS itself is fine, works great with TTM5 on a C500.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Guest davejerome

I got mapopolis working fine with the GPS (parrot CK3300). Tomtom didn't work for obious reasons. Have not tried copilot as i don't think their is a trial version and I don't want to pay for something when TTM5 is surely only days away from a software fix (I hope)

Guest ripnet

I set up a outgoing com port to the GPS and it came up as com 6. I then manually selected com6 in Mapopolis, and all was lovely :). On my old GPS, it needed a INCOMING port, and I think thats what was broken on the new C550 (and the new Orange rom for C500). It makes a lot more sense to have an outgoing port anyway. George

• 3 weeks later...
Guest thesufi

i'm using a BT77 (NEMERIX chipset, 30 hour battery) bought off ebay for 55 quid delivered. works fine with mapopolis on my c550. no problems so far.