C500 or C550

Guest stretchy

Guest stretchy

I have just been on to orange about the dust issue again, and was told that I could have a C550 instead, but if I accepted I could not go back to the C500. I asked if the software for my C500 would work with the C550, and he said it would. I agreed but I'm now not sure if I made the right decision after looking at the bugs list.

Guest ripnet
I have just been on to orange about the dust issue again, and was told that I could have a C550 instead, but if I accepted I could not go back to the C500.  I asked if the software for my C500 would work with the C550, and he said it would.  I agreed but I'm now not sure if I made the right decision after looking at the bugs list.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dont worry, ive had the C500 and now the C550 and the 550 is much nicer. Simply because of the hires screen, movies look great, and gps mapping is cool. The only downside I have found is that the screen isnt so good as the c500 in sunlight - it tends to go black. Not as badly as the Sony T610, but still not great.

All my software is OK on it (lucky!) so im a very happy c550 owner

g

c500 imho - now i have 2xc500. was about to have 1xc500 and 1xc550 but was disappointed with the orange service.

cant really certificate unlock C550. Doesnt come with WM2005 either. and the joypad has gone back to the E200 style

Guest Confucious
c500 imho - now i have 2xc500. was about to have 1xc500 and 1xc550 but was disappointed with the orange service.

cant really certificate unlock C550. Doesnt come with WM2005 either. and the joypad has gone back to the E200 style

What do you mean, you "cant really certificate unlock C550" , of course you can!

It soesn't come with WM2005? Nor, the last time I looked, does the C500.

The joypad has gone back to the E200 style? There you are right, and most people prefer it. I liked the joypad on my C500 but do actuallu prefer the stick on the C550.

The C550 is, IMHO a better phone than the C500. Provided your software does work (the major problems are TomTom and games) then I would say def. go for the C550. I love it! :)

Edited by Confucious

Guest Twain

You have to remember every spv thats been released has had problems, the c500 wouldn't run apps and games due to the gapi driver or whatever it was, and that got resolved by developers and orange. The bigger screen isn't a bug its an evolution, eventually all smartphones will start going this way so is only a matter of time till the support grows, as for the joypad i agree its much nicer than the c500 one.

Plus its gonna be a while before we see a WM5 device on orange so i don't intend on hanging around for it!

Guest Xenzo1990

WM5 on Smartphone is not really anything special for the end user, it just enables developers to do 'better stuff' to put it simply. Don't be put off buying a device because of lack of WM5.

Guest stretchy

I had decided to go back to the C500 after so many issues with software I had bought, with no fixes or patches in sight. However OCS are insistant that I have to stick with the C550, even though it was their advisor that told me my existing software would work on the C550?