SPV C550 A2DP support?

Guest saku

Hello,

Does anybody know if the c550 supports the a2dp protocol?

a2dp is required to use a bluetooth stereo headset, so you can listen to your music with a bleutooth stereo headset.

Thanks and regards,

Sander

• 2 weeks later...
Guest catlas

I haven't been able to get any hard proof on this yet, but I don't think it does. I was looking into buying the sonorix stereo BT headset which uses A2DP for the music function. But if you look on the Direct Mobile Accessories website they state that this device isn't fully functioning with any mobile phone on the market - which I'm inferring means the A2DP part.

Could be wrong though :?:

As far as I can see I think you're right, i've read bluetooth 1.2 supports A2DP but microsoft did not include it in the OS or bluetooth stack, something along those lines, not too sure don't know that much about bluetooth!

Unless someone can produce support for it looks like we are stuck, as I was thinking about the Bluetake i-phone headphones, not sure if its possible to add support for profiles at a later date but i remember a program for my XDA2 which im sure added hands-free support over headset but that was a long time ago so could be wrong.

• 9 months later...
Guest omegaone
I haven't been able to get any hard proof on this yet, but I don't think it does. I was looking into buying the sonorix stereo BT headset which uses A2DP for the music function. But if you look on the Direct Mobile Accessories website they state that this device isn't fully functioning with any mobile phone on the market - which I'm inferring means the A2DP part.

Could be wrong though :?:

I just tried with a set of Motorola HT820 stereo BT headphones, and no luck. You can get them to recognise as a headset, and can use them for phone conversations, but no joy with listening to music. Looks like the ROM needs to be updated to WM5 at least to get this.

Guest Pondrew

Afraid the HTC Hurricane (SPV C550) definately doesn't have A2DP. Neither do all WM5 Smartphones so that wouldn't be a guarantee either. One Smartphone that does have it is the Samsung i300...

Guest Crispy

You could try and install these drivers here. They work on my c600 just fine. After install pair the headphones on and go to the bluetooth devices menu and choose "set as wireless stereo"...

:)

Guest Pondrew
You could try and install these drivers here. They work on my c600 just fine. After install pair the headphones on and go to the bluetooth devices menu and choose "set as wireless stereo"...

:)

Most interesting! Would be interested to hear if this works...