c550

Guest moonshot

Guest moonshot

I am now on my second c550.

The battery does not seem to hold the charge. The c550 was on charge all last night until 8.30am today. By 4.00pm there was only 52% power left and I had only sent one text message.

Orange can not say if it is the phone or the battery and have given me a fault code to exchange it yet again.

Any one else have this problem?

Guest bitbank
I am now on my second c550.

The battery does not seem to hold the charge. The c550 was on charge all last night until 8.30am today. By 4.00pm there was only 52% power left and I had only sent one text message.

Orange can not say if it is the phone or the battery and have given me a fault code to exchange it yet again.

Any one else have this problem?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This kind of thing happens once in a while on my MPX220. To make sure it charges overnight I have to turn the power off before plugging it into the charger. I have not seen this occur yet on the C550, but it's probably a WinCE bug of some sort.

L.B.

Guest thesufi

this issue has been covered in other threads.

it's the power management settings. i had a similar problem until i set the backlight & display timeouts both to 30s after which my battery-life dramatically improved i.e. from an endurance of <1 day to 3+ days for the same level of usage.

Guest jasnewt

My C550 started losing battery charge very quickly. Dropped from 4 bars to 3 within about 4 or 5 hours. The only thing that was different from before was that I had used Mobipocket Reader to read a book. I didn't exit the application but left it running in the background.

Closed it down and the battery life improved to what I had before. It seems that maybe some applications drain the battery fast if you don't completely exit them.

You might want to check to see what you have running in the background. Stop everything you don't need to have open constantly and see what happens.

Jason.