M500 Bluetooth activesync

Guest Cymruan

Guest Cymruan

I've just upgraded to an M500 and I was expecting a hard time getting active sync to work via bluetooth from the days when I tried it with my C500.

Luckily after a lot of fiddling I found a guide on here on how to connect my C500. By any chance has anyone idealy written a fool proof guide for connecting the M500 via bluetooth yet, or even if someone can point me in the right direction.

There must be soemone out there who has connected and knows how they did it. Pls help.

I've had a search for this same question and was supprised that I couldnt find it. It's hard ot imagine no one else has asked already so if they have sorry for repeating the thread.

I've just upgraded to an M500 and I was expecting a hard time getting active sync to work via bluetooth from the days when I tried it with my C500.

Luckily after a lot of fiddling I found a guide on here on how to connect my C500. By any chance has anyone idealy written a fool proof guide for connecting the M500 via bluetooth yet, or even if someone can point me in the right direction.

There must be soemone out there who has connected and knows how they did it. Pls help.

I've had a search for this same question and was supprised that I couldnt find it. It's hard ot imagine no one else has asked already so if they have sorry for repeating the thread.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With my old c500 I connected maybe 3 times out of 5 without problems but m500 works perfectly every time. maybe the bluetooth 1.2 technology, I dont know. Just pair it first with pc then have activesync look for it making sure everything is on & "discoverable". Should be ok.

Still annoyed tho that media player cant detect m500 when its synced by bluetooth. Have to connect via usb to transfer music files etc which kind of ruins the whole point of it a bit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With my old c500 I connected maybe 3 times out of 5 without problems but m500 works perfectly every time. maybe the bluetooth 1.2 technology, I dont know. Just pair it first with pc then have activesync look for it making sure everything is on & "discoverable". Should be ok.

Still annoyed tho that media player cant detect m500 when its synced by bluetooth. Have to connect via usb to transfer music files etc which kind of ruins the whole point of it a bit.

Guest gavingovinden

Foolproof way:

Go to Settings - Bluetooth. Then press start button under Bluetooth Activesync Setup. Let the phone do the work. Now this is the important bit, when it's finished setup RESTART your computer then go into activesync on your phone, click tools in bottom left and connect via Bluetooth... Voila!