First Picture of the Orange SPV c600 ...

Guest SmartphoneFrance

Whats a real shame is not the fact that HTC dont make good cameras but SE dont make any smartphones.  Heres a world leading computer AND camera company and its sitting lazily around and making phones for teenagers that are all clever marketting variants of each other. They have nailed a price range in the market and seem more interested in profit than leading the cutting edge right now.  Why they stick with only their p900 series when they could squeeze a windows smartphone into their new 750/w800 series I dont know.  Perhaps they're still heavily controlled by ericsson, but hell if they can put the 'W' of walkman on their phone I'd like to see them try 'Viao' on a phone!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a good point about the markething thing: SE is making phones for the big consumer market (and yes, the target group is youth because they simply buy a new phone every year), but the target group of WM phones is mainly buisiness companies. They're not really focussed on the large consumer market because the amount of people who want to buy such an advanced device is quite small. That means the phones that are made to run the WM platform just have to be effective to help bosses keeping their employees up to date. This means no fancy styled phones and no big cameras with flashes, but phones with the ability to be a communication device at the first place, featured with the Windows Mobile capabilities of exchange with the most used OS at companies, Windows.

So yelling at HTC will not work, they simply won't listen (although I'm sure they'll have some people walking through this forum).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.