HTC prepares to shake up Pocket PC (again)!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest djfuego
Gotta agree with encece - too many choices... but wait, is that a bad thing? Tornado, Wizard, Galaxy, and now this... I need to find a shop with all these devices and show up first thing in the morning and play with them for 8 hours straight before I have even a decent chance of figuring out which one I might buy :(

I need size and weight info on this one - would be very nice. Actually I think I could live without WiFi if we just had a 3G company with decent coverage and some kind of flat rate possibility here...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It HAS to have wifi to be true pocket pc in my book. No point of having it if I can't easily connect to my network (or any one elses). Won't neet to keep syncing with USB any more :o

My next purchase will be in about 6 months time, hopefully a WIFI version will be available by then.

Man - I think its looks cool - reminisent of mitsubishi phones. I hope its true it can be out end of the year with WM5 - then it would be a nice choice between htc tornado and blizzard as shown by .HerpezP.. as I use smartphones mainly because of their internet, media and program flexibility a 2.4" screen is just fine - there's always bigger pocket pc and psp's for full movie watching on trips.

But yeah a smaller jam would be great too, everyone I know who has them ends up with a belt carry case - I still like smartphones cuz I can slip em into my pocket! A pocket PC should surely do the same!!

I reckon the specs and info for the tornado looks like its ready to be put on the market, but there may be a catch with Wifi dependant on your carrier/provider. The Blizzard is more elusive (and desirable in many ways) and at this stage its specs and release date look more unpredictable...

I searched the internet on blizzard and always came up with the same pics and information - anyone know anymore news about this phone? Also I wonder what battery life would be like on a pocket pc phone that size given its bigger processor and 2.4" screen... It would be rad if its roughly the same size as c500 but limiting if it was too chunky

(...)Although no operator has yet announced this device, it is anticipated that this device will hit market at the end of 2005, about the same time as HTC release 3G Smartphones onto the scene :o(...)

What about these 3G Smartphones as Paul mentioned above? Is that a rumor or is there already some information available about those 3G phones?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest james_h_winters

Tornado, Wizard, Galaxy... who came up with these names? next thing you know, HTC will make something like an HTC Enterprise ;) still using my voyager though... ever faithful and loyal...

if i had to get a new phone, it has to have something like a 3MP camera (non-interpolated), optical zoom with cutting edge night vision tech (imagine that...), at least internal 4GB of flash memory (not hdd), has an external slot that can take SD/MMC and I/O cards, 256+ ram, 500Mhz+ processor, 16million color 240x180 touch screen, a multiplatform OS that can run pocketpc, smartphone, palm, and yes, even DOS, infrared, bluetooth, wifi, edge, USB, video in jack, video out jack, audio in jack, audio out jack... and that's just for starters...

of course, gotta have a hybrid hyrdogen cell battery so that it almost never runs out of juice. just get some water and put it in there and you're good to go.

in other words, i'll just keep on dreaming for now... :D

• 2 months later...
Guest scott451

hi,

i am desperatly waiting for this smartphone. it seems that the rumours have been about for quite some time. does anyone have any new information on a htc blizzard smartphone ?

thanks,

scott

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.