SPVInvaders for 550

Guest muff

like the SPVMan for 550 port this uses the PPC bezel to give a fullscreen flavour :o

no installer, just unzip BOTH files into a directory on the phone, then either run directly with Filemanager or else create a shortcut where u want to

let me know if there are any problems

[EDIT]doh! if only the emulator actually reflected the real phone's behaviour. let me know if this new version is still broken. (sorry dont have an actual device to test on)[/EDIT]

muff

SPVInvaders550.zip

Edited by muff

Guest coulhaus

Cheers for the port but I'm afraid it doesn't work on my 550.

I copied the two files into a folder in storage\program files and created a shortcut in storage\windows\start menu\games but when I click on it the screen goes black and then I'm back at the menu. The same thing happens if I browse to and execute the exe file using file manager.

Edited by coulhaus

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Hey Muff don't get me wrong, I think the Bezel's make the games look good on the C550.

But is there any chance of actually making the game itself bigger to run fullscreen like Eclipse :??:

Dr_StrangeTrick : at this point I dont intend to make 'fullscreen' versions for the higher res (lots of recoding to do it properly, and these games would really suffer with stretch methods, to say nothing of trying to keep the speed up), so this was just a little hack to fill the screen the same way I do on the PPC

awarner : slowdown? dont know. could well be something in the background - my feeling is that if it's full speed at all then it should always be unless something else in the background is taking CPU time (after all the code's not changing)

please remember folks that both this and SPVMan were written a while ago now, and (to my knowledge) are still the only 60fps games out there - though obviously with the newer phones that's not so hard to do anymore :o

Edited by muff

• 2 months later...
Guest Pappagallo

Hi muff, tried this on on my I-Mate SP5M with WM2005 and QVGA as well, but can't get it to work (and yes...my phone is unlocked :) ).

Both versions of SPVInvaders install fine on the Storage Card, but when I start it up, the screen goes black, and nothing happens for a while. Then an alert pops up (with 'SPVInvaders' in the Titlebar on top) that my Phone is running low on free storage space. If I press OK, the screen freezes. I have to wait a couple of minutes before the home screen re-appears but Windows is very slow and some programs stop working. Only way to get the thing working again is by restarting the phone. When it restarts it pops up another alert about the storage space, but when I look in the System Info in Task Manager, I have 6Mb free Storage in the device and about 200Mb free on the storage card.

As I'm a big fan of this game, can you please help me out to get it working ?

thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest amnesia
Hi muff, tried this on on my I-Mate SP5M with WM2005 and QVGA as well, but can't get it to work (and yes...my phone is unlocked ;) ).

Both versions of SPVInvaders install fine on the Storage Card, but when I start it up, the screen goes black, and nothing happens for a while. Then an Alert pops up (with 'SPVInvaders' in the Titlebar on top) that my Phone is running low on free storage space. If I press OK, the screen freezes. I have to wait a couple of minutes before the home screen re-appears but Windows is very slow and some programs stop working. Only way to get the thing working again is by restarting the phone. When it restarts it pops up another alert about the storage space, but when I look in the System Info in Task Manager, I have 6Mb free Storage in the device and about 200Mb free on the storage card.

As I'm a big fan of this game, can you please help me out to get it working ?

thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am having the same problem with this and SPVMan too :cry:

Any ideas ?