ActiveSync communication

Guest Kryptonic

Guest Kryptonic

hey everyone

got a small question i think u may be able to help me with...

im writing a small PPC app that needs to talk to my PC (a lite server)... my options are a) webservices :o server application

im choosing server application because i want a frontend as well, but anyway - im wonder if my idea will work... it follows

the ppc will have a tcpclient and tcllistener (as will the server) this will be reponsible for the communication (and ill maybe even make a super lite protocol)

but how do i get them talking?? im assuming if im using activesync the PPC can use the localhost or the host pcs name/ip address but how does the server communicate with the device? can i simple use the device name (MDACompact)??

im not quiet sure how to starting planning the development here.... some advice would be great!

cheers

Will

• 1 year later...
Guest bebere

Hello Will

I'm beggining in programming on my PPC, and I would like to do a similar thing that you try to do! ( sorry for me english, I'm french so !!)

In fact I would like to communicate information between the PPC and the PC in order to make some automatics actions, without being in front of my PC.

So if you have progressed since you have post this and if you have some new information, it would be nice if you could help me!!

cheers

Bebere

hey everyone

got a small question i think u may be able to help me with...

im writing a small PPC app that needs to talk to my PC (a lite server)... my options are a) webservices :) server application

im choosing server application because i want a frontend as well, but anyway - im wonder if my idea will work... it follows

the ppc will have a tcpclient and tcllistener (as will the server) this will be reponsible for the communication (and ill maybe even make a super lite protocol)

but how do i get them talking?? im assuming if im using activesync the PPC can use the localhost or the host pcs name/ip address but how does the server communicate with the device? can i simple use the device name (MDACompact)??

im not quiet sure how to starting planning the development here.... some advice would be great!

cheers

Will