TheBoff

Extract rom to use in Smartphone Emulator?

Hi I've been using the stand-alone smartphone emulator (the ms device emulator community preview one) to quickly test games/apps/homescreens etc before installing on my c500 and was wondering if it's possible to extract the rom as a .bin file (or create one from the extracted image) to use in the emulator so it's an exact copy of my device? (Like you could with the Palm emulator.)

I've been looking on spv-developers and thought that nbftools would do the job but from what I can see it doesn't create a .bin file.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Cheers

Boff

P.S. Also if it can be done is there anything similar for the C550 as I'm hoping to upgrade soon.

i've never seen such a feature in the emulator that allows you to do that, but I have been using the mobile emulator equipped with VS.NET 2003.. and in that there is no option to

i've never seen such a feature in the emulator that allows you to do that, but I have been using the mobile emulator equipped with VS.NET 2003.. and in that there is no option to

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The stand alone version allows you to specify a .bin file to load as well as a skin. The emu comes with a smartphone bin file and a ppc bin file. To be honest I don't even know if the .bin files are exact rom images or if they've been created especially for the emulator. I assumed they were the actual rom images due to the way emulators work.

The Smartphone emulator works well but there are a few apps missing that are standard on the C500 (File manager to name one) and I'd rather test registry changes and things like that on an image of my actual device rather than a generic smartphone image.

Oh well if it can't be done then a generic one is better than nothing!

Thanks for the reply