C500 Bluetooth problem

Guest twizzle

OK my C500 has been setup with bluetooth. It discovers devices fine but i just cant seem to send any files to another device. I tried sending a picture form the Multimedia Album but there is no option to send via Bluetooth, just Via email or MMS messages. Should there be an option for bluetooth? if so where and if not how do i send files via bluethooth to a printer? (printer is selected under devices in bluetooth menu options.)

OK my C500 has been setup with bluetooth. It discovers devices fine but i just cant seem to send any files to another device. I tried sending a picture form the Multimedia Album but there is no option to send via Bluetooth, just Via email or MMS messages. Should there be an option for bluetooth? if so where and if not how do i send files via bluethooth to a printer? (printer is selected under devices in bluetooth menu options.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont have an option to "Beam file" only send via Email or MMS. Send via bluetooth does not show anywhere eben when Bluetooth is enabled on phone.

James is right. On your C500, go into File Explorer (as I recall it comes with on, think it is in Accessories). If you then select a file one of the options should be Beam File. Do that with bluetooth on and it'll search for other bluetooth devices as well as infrared devices...

...or as James said you can install Smart Explorer which works in much the same way.

Guest walpolec

I had the same prob as you - there is simply no option to send via bluetooth ,despite what everyone else is saying!! I read somewhere that Orange had disabled this to stop file sharing. Sounds a bit of a tall story to me.

Anyway, I've followed the advice offered by a few people and downloaded Smart Explorer. It now gives me the option to BT! Yay! :o

Haven't tried it yet - but cannot see a problem.

Good luck

Chris

same thing on myphone too!

i cant get bluetooth its so annoying!

such a great phone but they have messed up on this.

ive downloaded smart explorer 2.1 from http://www.binarys.com/smartexplorer_en.asp

but nothing has changed, theres no option at all to send via bluetooth, i can find other devices but not send anything! its useless like that!

failing this is there a number (preferbly free) that i can contact orange or someone on?? please help me!!!!!!

Guest garuda
now it says i need a pass key when i want to connect with a device?

what the hell is that?

That's the passkey that is used betwen the two of you (exchanging files) just be sure to both type the same.

i.e 1234

And you've got a new relative named Bob.

perhaps you cant send files via IR because you didnt enable "accept incoming beams" in the settings? (you were referring to IR in the thread as well as BT)

perhaps you cant send files via IR because you didnt enable "accept incoming beams" in the settings? (you were referring to IR in the thread as well as BT)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i can use infared. its bluetooth which i cant send things through... :x

Guest Griff_FFOC

You say don't have the option to send files via bluetooth using smart explorer? You should do, it's coded into the program. Are you looking in the right place. By the way, this is "Smart Explorer" and not the "File Manager"

To send files via bluetooth in smartexplorer, open it up, then navigate to the folder that contains the file. Highlight the file and press:

File,

6 Send/Receive,

2 Send file by IR/BT...,

(bluetooth will now be switched on if it wasn't already, and bluetooth devices will now appear in the window)

Select which device you want to send to and press the left hotkey, "Send". This should now send the file and shouldn't really need a passkey. But if it does ask, make sure both yourself and recipient use the same key.

Let me know if this works.

• 1 year later...
Guest exodus187

I have followed Griff_FFOC's instructions to the letter, I choose every option he has suggested (using Smart Explorer, on C500 with SMT5600 rom) and it take to me a screen with the text "To send by IR, align ports of device to start transfer. To send by bluetooth, select the device and press send" and there's a blank box below it.

Now I'm guessing all bluetooth devices in range would appear here, but I'm getting nothing and there are two devices WITH BLUETOOTH SWITCH ON (I can see them with my PC). I am also paired with my PC, and ActiveSync is paired up and glowing green! WHERE ON EARTH IS THE BLUETOOTH DEVICE!

Could anyone at least tell me if they have ever succesfully transferred a file TO AND FROM another mobile device using a SPV C500 or an Audiovox SMT5600?? I have never read of anyone who has!

Guest Toyota-F1.com
Could anyone at least tell me if they have ever succesfully transferred a file TO AND FROM another mobile device using a SPV C500 or an Audiovox SMT5600?? I have never read of anyone who has!

I have (Orange SPV C500). Also, make sure you wait about 1 minute when you get the blank box where you think the devices should appear, because the devices won't appear immediately.

Maybe on the other devices you should select "Discoverable"? Because, on the C500, if it's on "On", it won't be found by other devices, whereas if the C500 is on "Discoverable", it will be found by other devices.