New Orange Developers Site - Unlock Over The Air!

Guest wirefree90

Guest rossy

Is it ok if you do the unlock after you have already decertified using the old method?

Hope it is.... cos ive just done it! Seems to be ok, but just want to make sure.

Guess this means that when we get the April ROM update, we won't have to worry about a Denmark like no unlock issue.

Cheers Orange!

Guest superkingdave

not sure about the fact that orange will know that i am unlocked im not developing anything i just use nes and stuff... doesnt matter too much at the moment as i am unlocked already at the moment

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Or the keyboard ROM update :lol:

Still cant relock my phone though...

And they still quote the clock speed of the CPU as 132mhz....

Orange SPV Smartphone as built by HTC and powered by Microsoft Smartphone 2002

Processor Type:

TI OMAP 710

Processor Speed:

132 MHz

Guest bigals

i have an spv that has been locked by orange preventing incoming and outgoing calls, i got it cheap and that was the downfall, fill this link unlock this problem, i know it has something to do with my imei number i think

also becasue i bought it i don't know whether it will be able to send that little bit of data they talk about because it doesn't have a contract sim, i do however have an orange pay as you go sim if that helps

can anyone explain to me what i have to do and if this will work, thanks

alex

Guest bigals

ain't got a clue, all i know is it don't work, i've unlocked it to all networks

but it still won't send or receive calls, it not broken or damaged,

is there any kinda program floating around that might be able to remove this lock?

Guest midnight

i wonder how many so-called 'developers' will crawl out of the woodwork :wink:

hope o arent monitoring the hits cos they could take this down rather quickly if they suddenly realise why 40,000 are unlocking their phones :lol:

Guest bigals

oh well s*** happens! haha never mind, its a good organiser though hehe

if i go to orange will they do anything to help or just think im a robber, oh mental note don't where black and white stripey top no more!

Guest jason8

got it working :lol: Windows always needs a restart to get it working properly again!

bigals, your phone is barred by orange and all other UK networks.

This unlocking method is used to remove certification only, it doesnt mean that you can unblock your phone.

Also you wont be able to do this unless you have a contract sim because even if you have GPRS enabled on your PAYG sim, you still wont be able to access internet sites from it only WAP. Sorry!!!

Guest wirefree90

This unlock/lock process is to support the developer community develop apps for Smartphone. It does not remove the IMEI simlock or remove stolen handsets from the Blacklist register.

Guest wirefree90

I hope you all read the agreement, if your not a developer, and start banging on Orange's door eith all your new apps Orange reserve the right to relock your phone.

Guest buckie10

Hmmm... I submitted my request at 9:30 this morning. It's 11:20 now and I've had nothing come through yet.

Perhaps they've been hit with masses of requests?

Anyone have any better results this morning?

M.