New Orange Developers Site - Unlock Over The Air!

Guest wirefree90

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
I've gone thought the process, received the 'phone is unlocked' message, but I still can't run uncertified programmes such as OrnetaNotepad.

If you still have the same problem after taking mono's advice and restarting, check the following:

Just to eliminate any chance of misunderstanding - you are getting the "phone is unlocked" message on your SPV rather than just the example message on your PC? I'm not being patronizing here, but the page could be easily misunderstood if you skipped reading the text...

What do you mean by "still can't run uncertified programs"? What's the exact error message you get.

The more precise the information you give us, the better the chances are that we can help you :lol:

Guest chenxigood
www.developers.orange.com

with An OTA unlock process for SPV.

does the SPV can work with any software like pc after it has been unlocked totally? :lol:

Guest mdawkins

I have tried unlocking my SPV using the Orange website a number of times now and at first I was getting to the screen where it tells you

that you will receive an unlock message soon, but I never have! today when I try it I get an error message on the site that it cannot find my IMEI and mobile number! I have tried reinstalling Action Register on my phone which is running and registered but I still get the same error,

has anybody got any ideas on why this isn't working?

Guest pierre

Hi! I only know about this error message which you mentionned, that when it comes you may as well try again, and it might work second time or so, as it did for me and others...

All the best and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jim80b

ummm help.....

i have unlocked the phone, (back before 1.3.7) and it stayed unlocked.

now i have upgraded and ota unlocked and it keeps locking after a soft reset. its done it about 5 times in the last 8 days and it wipes my reg. i go back to a clean reg, lose uninstall data, and am running out of names for activesync as it wont let me use any of the old names.

this is getting annoying as things like regedit, taskman, and smartexplorer are not signed so can be stuck without a proper working spv till i get home.

i use the cradle to decert after i set up pass through and have never had to wait more than 30 secs for the comfirm message. the first time i used grps and it took some time.

any ideas anyone!!!!!

More often than not, it's curruption of the registry that causes the SPV to reset itself. This has also been attributed to dodgy XML.

Nothing can be done really as far as the registry corruption goes, but make sure your XML is "good"!

As far as the names for the phone within ActiveSync go, if you open ActiveSync with the phone connected, you can choose to delete old names one by one.

HTH,

Hax

• 4 weeks later...
Guest maya

guys , i need ya help!!! i just bougth the SPV couple a days ago,and i cant run no proggies on it!!! i think it has something to do with the certificate or unlocking thing.I read the posts here,but its useless,it aint clear. i tried the orange lock/unlock thing via gprs,it didnt helped me,no f**king message.Maybe thats becouse ive already unlocked it with somekind of proggie?can you tell me how can i do it right??? :?: plz HELP!!! :?

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

If you've already tried unloacking it through a hard reset and failed, OTA unlock may not work. Try hard resetting again, leaving a GPRS session open and using OTA to unlock.

Guest maya

yes, ive tried unlocking it and i <> - i unlocked it with a small proggie that i ran in the loader winow( record&power button thing),now im using vodafone,but i <> install nothing,it just says to contact service provider.

so:

it's unlocked, but doesnt run programs.

btw- the OTA thing - its for unlocking or for runing other programs?

damn im confused...

Guest maya

ok so ive just downloaded the action register proggie,and it already said "registered". now, i think i know what to do:

AFTER USING THE UNLOCKING WEB PAGE

Unlocking your SPV allows you to sign your own applications and install them onto your SPV.

After you have unlocked your SPV, please follow the process below to create a certificate. You will then be all set to develop applications on your SPV.

(22) Connect your SPV to your PC via ActiveSync. You will need ActiveSync 3.6 - which was included with your SPV.

(23) On your desktop, press the Start button, select the "Run..." command to open a "Run.." command line Dialog box.

(24) Type the following command to launch a command window: cmd.exe

(25) In the command window, type the following command:

cd "C:Windows CE Toolswce300Smartphone 2002tools" <<-- but WTF is that??!

c'mon , tell me what to do... :?:

cd "C:Windows CE Toolswce300Smartphone 2002tools"   <<-- but WTF is that??!

"That" is the directory that contains the SDK (or software development kit) for the Smartphone.

If you only want to run other peoples applications and not create any of your own, then you won't have that installed.

I haven't read the full article, but I guess that the Orange page is now going on to tell developers how to download an application to their smartphone.

HTH,

Hax

Guest maya

ok , so what ive got to install then?

damn... :? i just want to run other apps, thats it!

for example,i just downloaded smartskin proggie,it doesnt run.As i said , my phone is unlocked. do i need something else?

f**k im going to buy nokia 3310 :) :( :D

Guest maya

no i hadnt, cuz i unlocked it not with <>, i did it with sim unlocker app (http://www.monolithix.org/SPV_software , sim-unlocker) and it just found me the code,then i inserted voda sim, entered the code when asked,and ive unlocked it. I thoutgh the OTA thing will help me tu run apps, cuz ive unlocked my phone but it still wont run any f**king s***!!! :)

damn is there a way to fix it :?:

(sorry for my english, im not british)