New Orange Developers Site - Unlock Over The Air!

Guest wirefree90

help! i am not able to unlock over the air after hardresetting my e-100. i rechecked all data inputs, but its not happening, no message comes on the screen although gprs is available... what can it be?? Posted from my SmartPhone!help! i am not able to unlock over the air after hardresetting my e-100. i rechecked all data inputs, but its not happening, no message comes on the screen although gprs is available... what can it be?? Posted from my SmartPhone!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mdw_cubed

Just some feedback on my attempts at the unlock process, which may be of benefit to others. If it is somewhere else on the forum, my apologies.

I tried several times from the Orange site following the instructions to de-cert OTA. But never received the binary Unlock SMS message.

I managed to get Orange Register (aeregister.arm.cab) from the Orange developers site and even though I am using an Orange SIM and the IMEI was correct the application reported not registered. Clicking register from the menus displayed a message, but the app still reported, "Registered: No", silently failing.

Having given up after perusing numerous posting on the subject, I thought I'd check out other apps on the phone to see if they were behaviing normally. Orange Update failed with an out of date certificate. Searching Modaco I found a posting stating that an SSL connection is made with Orange and if the date on the phone is wrong it will not work.

Checked the date on the phone and it was wrong. Corrected it, Orange Update worked and best of all Orange Register now reports that I am registered. :lol:

Ran "Get Commands" and the message arrived, one decerted SPV. ;) :(

Could this be why some overseas methods fail? Date formats, time zones etc... Not unheard of in some software circles.

i keep going to the site and sending it and nothing is comin do i need to do anything with the phone or is it just go to the site {on my pc} and fill that in and its done or do i need to go to the site on my spv?

oh well im trying on spv now

am located in Switzerland, but i tried from both French and British developer' site. stíll, i should try to modify those date' parameters and try again... Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest mdw_cubed

I didn't seem to be receiving the binary SMS OTA, though I probably was just the date being wrong caused the phone to appear not to receive it or not to appear registered.

Hunting around I found a link to the Orange Developers forums. I don't know if I found this link directly, or once on the Orange forums just looked around, anyway, here is the link to de-cert using the pass through connection on your PC.

http://www.developers.orange.com/forums/sh...hp?threadid=123

Once "Orange Register" shows your phone to be registered, you can use a menu item "Get Commands" to retreive the binary SMS's directly through your pass-through connection.

Guest mdw_cubed

I verfied that the unlock had worked by downloading an app attached to this thread in the Orange forums.

http://www.developers.orange.com/forums/sh...hp?threadid=107

Haven't had a chance to try and other apps out yet.

Some other postings I have read also mentioned that some firewalls may get in the way of retrieving the Binary SMS when using a passthrough connection. I'm running ZoneAlarm and just to be sure I disabled it when getting the Binary SMS message.

aint work for em i get the message but it just doesnt seem to actually let me install the games or aplications.....

i am using an o2 sim card does that effect this unlocking

Guest mdw_cubed

I am using an Orange SIM.

It does also mention that there may be issues with other networks in the blurb on the Orange site, I think due to other networks not being able to send Binary SMS messages. Though I'm sure that it suggests/implies the pass-through connection method will get around these issues.

In the Orange Register application if it says "Registered: Yes" and you get the message stating that the phone is now unlocked I don't know what else to suggest. Like I said before I have only had a chance to try out installing the "Hello, World" app on the Orange Developer site to verify that the phone is unlocked.

I have seen other posting refering to Hard Resets etc. and trying again, but I've not done a Hard Reset before and wouldn't be happy recommending this based on my limited knowledge of the process.

Maybe someone else would be able to advise you better. Or you could follow the guidelines on sending a message to Orange Developers about where you got to in the process. Don't know if your supposed to have an Orange SIM though.

• 1 month later...
Guest doctor-gio

i update my spv to the new version 1.6 and became application locked...when i tried to unlock with the action register i realise that action lock is not running....probably is missing...any ideas?thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jonnybarfo

To anyone looking for the 404'd OTA link, this appears to be the current location: http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdefq.aspx

Now what I HAVEN'T been able to find is the Orange Register app, or details of the fabled OTA unlocking using a pass-through connection - both of which I believe I need since it's been a while now and I never received the binary SMS. I'm using an O2 sim y'see, without GPRS enabled on my account yet.

If anyone has the current location of these goodies, please be kind enough to share!

Cheers :lol:

Guest jonnybarfo

An update - this forum post seems to indicate that to get the Action Register app I need to fail the unlocking process twice - which I'm now doing. I'll report results.

Guest jonnybarfo

No joy there - Although the forum post linked above suggested the page would detect that this was my third attempt, it didn't :lol:

Any thoughts guys?

Hi, after I updated my e100 to 1.6.10 my phone is locked again and I can't unlock it cause I'm living in HK so what can I do to unlock it again, Plsss help me!!!! :x :cry:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cadburys man

Phone unlocked easily with no problems at all.....afaik.

Do you get it locked again by visiting the same website or can you do it straight from the phone??

Guest schildy

As an FYI to jonnybarfo, I unlocked my O2 sim'd e100 with no problems at all. I had made sure all the settings were correct for getting on the web etc, and I have also done my e200 so things might just be looking up. Big thanks for the link. I had used it some months ago and when I went to try again, all I got was the developers site. :lol: :D :(

This all sounds great, but I don't use my SPV for internet use - have no idea how to get it to talk to the internet and therefore think it likely that the process may well fail! :roll: Freeyourmobile.com offer a simple down loead which is claimed to have worked - the only problem with it is that following the instructions involves removing activsync from the desktop and the code which asks the phone for the unlock code seems to not run! Anyone aware of a route like this instead. My main aim is to get voice activation in place so bluetooth will work in the car :?:

Guest calvinlam
Hi, after I updated my e100 to 1.6.10 my phone is locked again and I can't unlock it cause I'm living in HK so what can I do to unlock it again, Plsss help me!!!! :x  :cry:

Hello, I'm in HK too and updated to Orange 1.6 and now I cannot put the CHinese interface back to my Qtek 7070, can you plse share your experience or help. My problem is that when it config, the phone complained about "Model name of this device is not correct' and aborts! Plse assist.

I manage to install the IA Manager though after using No Warez and Disable security. Have you done that already ?

Guest calvinlam
Hi, after I updated my e100 to 1.6.10 my phone is locked again and I can't unlock it cause I'm living in HK so what can I do to unlock it again, Plsss help me!!!! :x  :cry:

Hello, I'm in HK too and updated to Orange 1.6 and now I cannot put the CHinese interface back to my Qtek 7070, can you plse share your experience or help. My problem is that when it config, the phone complained about "Model name of this device is not correct' and aborts! Plse assist.

I manage to install the IA Manager though after using No Warez and Disable security. Have you done that already ?

C:Windows CE Toolswce300Smartphone 2002tools>sp2002dps.exe /create /device

Processing files

Emulator files complete

Device files complete

Unable to provision the certificate to the device. You may need to contact the mobile operator servicing your phone

:cry:

• 5 months later...
Guest gavboy

I've already done this a little while ago. Orange themselves directed me to it. Then I had to do a hard reset and therefore needed to unlock it again. The problem is... I fill out the form and press ok but I don't receive the unlocking text message. I tried emailing [email protected] to see if there's a fault with the site but they're not replying.

anyone got any suggestions. It's very frustrating not being able to use any of my apps.