SPV C600 info

Guest SkUk21

Guest leo-balou
insider knowledge

cant say any more....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I take it this phone is based on the i-mate SP5 \ Qtek 3800 \ HTC Tornado model. It would make sense that Orange should include the WIFI module in this phone as all other carriers are bringing this phone out with WIFI enabled. Expansys advises that the i-mate SP5 will be available for puchase in under 7 days. I'll believe it when I see it however. If it does appear it's bye-bye Orange - hello Vodafone.

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=124583

Its coming sometime in October  :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

really? interesting since the M5000 is coming out in oct too (maybe already?)

funny how the information is released in a small amount but not publically enough...

could this be a sign of a replacement for the M500, due to all the problems with it and "limited" stock?

Edited by Tech

really? interesting since the M5000 is coming out in oct too (maybe already?)

funny how the information is released in a small amount but not publically enough...

could this be a sign of a replacement for the M500, due to all the problems with it and "limited" stock?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah really, phone up 150 now and they'll tell you that.

Guest renegade722

Hmmm, having kept a close eye on the c600 topics over the last week or so I am very keen to see how things develop, especially since it seems Orange can no longer provide the m500. I've just done a bit of internet scouring and can't find any articles that even hint at the c600 having wi-fi...

@SkUk21 - Are you sure you haven't just posted this message to get everyone excited... an 'inside source' is almost too convenient an answer :o

Hmmm, having kept a close eye on the c600 topics over the last week or so I am very keen to see how things develop, especially since it seems Orange can no longer provide the m500. I've just done a bit of internet scouring and can't find any articles that even hint at the c600 having wi-fi...

@SkUk21 - Are you sure you haven't just posted this message to get everyone excited... an 'inside source' is almost too convenient an answer  :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It'd be good if true, but I'm not convinced by the rumours floating round. Both the C600 and M5000 are markedly different to the M500 - why would developments be related? Unless, of course, Orange somehow hope they can make up for blatantly failing to deliver on a strong project by generating excitement with quick release of a couple of completely different SPVs.

on the link it showed the imate sp5 and sp5m...would this be a better choice? I've heard that orange is usually a step ahead of everyone else when it comes to phones. Thanks

Guest renegade722
@renegade722

i'm simply telling you what i know - my source is very reliable!

so i am 9.5/10 sure that it is correct!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fair enough mate... Can you pump your source for anymore info (release date or other useful specs)? It seems I'm in the same situation as a lot of others, I've got myself down for an m500 list but would prefer the c600 as I prefer the ease of use of a phone rather than pda, and the m500 seems to be not very forthcoming.

Orange needs to act quickly to stop me moving on to another provider, my patience is starting to wear thin...

c600 with wifi eh? oh well, too late now, ive just ditched orange cos the coverage is rubbish in my area, got a k750i on o2..... though thats going on ebay to pay for a SP5!!

it is provided with 64MB of internal memory and comes bundled with a 128MB mini-SD card - similar to the C550

Windows Media Player (10) will play WAV, MP3, AMR, WMC and AAC file types

The camera offers a 4x zoom and supports Photo and Video Messaging

Guest fruitneck

I think your source is wrong. The M5000 and m1500 have WiFi but the C600 does not. If your source works for O then get him to check out the intranet (its in black and white on there).

Or maybe they are just trying to fool their employees!!! :twisted:

Guest tindo196

ok a product is in high demand as orange is running a business my initial thoughts would be they would like to capitalise and make some money out of it ,simple-well not when you are not in the world of orange were the -out of stock-message is becoming very familiar -whoever is responsible should be sacked and a more competent person brought in