SPV C600 info

Guest SkUk21

Guest mcwarre

I thought that it wouldn't let you access anything that they have not approved (i.e. you want to go to www.randomwebsite.com but it isn't allowed). Similar for email. Or have I been misinformed?

Guest Pondrew
I thought that it wouldn't let you access anything that they have not approved (i.e. you want to go to www.randomwebsite.com but it isn't allowed).  Similar for email. Or have I been misinformed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Misinformed I think. I've never had any problems accessing any site on either my Pocket PC Phone nor Smartphone over T-Mobile, that I could access on Orange.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Harders

Hello guys - new bloke to this site.

I don't want to sound like another "insider" but I did come across an article somewhere in web-land that confirmed that all of these HTC - Imate - QTEK variants would be shipped WITH wi-fi fully enabled but that it was understood that the top network operators in the UK (T-mob & Orange) would disable the feature due to it impacting on their revenue line. After all they would make zip out of you if you were to email and surf in your armchair using your broadband wi-fi connection rather than your pcn/gsm connection.

Cheers

Harders

MK

Guest datsunman
After all they would make zip out of you if you were to email and surf in your armchair using your broadband wi-fi connection rather than your pcn/gsm connection.

Cheers

Harders

MK

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They'll make even less out of me if it isn't enabled as I won't be buying one! ;)

Guest chrisbpr
They'll make even less out of me if it isn't enabled as I won't be buying one!  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the bods at rentions assure me that it has wifi enabled...but getting a releasedate is a whole different matter.

Guest gilesjuk
Er.. sorry to be a plank but what exactly is the main benefit of WIFI?

Is it so you can use your own web connection instead of having to use GPRS?

Brian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

VOIP, quicker webbrowsing at home or wifi hotspot.