SPV C600 info

Guest SkUk21

Guest Zone-MR

Thanks for giving me a temporary glimmer of false hope :o

Unfortunatly, a very very very very reliable source who has a C600 confirmed it does NOT have WiFi.

Guest leo-balou
Thanks for giving me a temporary glimmer of false hope :o

Unfortunatly, a very very very very reliable source who has a C600 confirmed it does NOT have WiFi.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why don't you guys just nip on over to Xpansys and buy yoursleves an i-mate SP5 (available in 2 days) - it's £45 on a £30 per month contract and HAS GOT WIFI and all the other bells and whistles.

Guest mcwarre
there will be no wifi on spv C600. Why do they just keep making the same thing?

Orange did not opt for wifi on the C600 although it was available option..........

an

Guest Zone-MR
... i-mate SP5 (available in 2 days) ...

LOL... I'll believe it when I see it. Take any lead time eXpansys gives you, then multiply it by ten, and you're still unlikely to be close.

Guest shuurajou

Agree with you Zone. Not purchasing from them before when an estimated delivery time is showing, I was a fool and pre-ordered the SP5. Said 2 days - in 2 hours it change to 9.

Guest leo-balou
LOL... I'll believe it when I see it. Take any lead time eXpansys gives you, then multiply it by ten, and you're still unlikely to be close.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're not far wrong. Just checked this morning and it has jumped from 2 days to 8 despite assurances that that the phones were definately coming in!! I'll wait the next 8 days and if they change it again they can shove it! :shock:

Guest renegade722

So... as the days go by, (6 since this topic was started) the general feeling seems to be that the c600 will be released without wi-fi.

Going back to the first post by SkUk21, and the subsequent replies to that post, I have to again emphasise my opinion that this topic was started with an outlandish statement just to raise everybody's hopes with no true basis.

Insider knowledge my ar*e...

and you can keep your 9.5/10 points too

Guest leo-balou
You're not far wrong. Just checked this morning and it has jumped from 2 days to 8 despite assurances that that the phones were definately coming in!! I'll wait the next 8 days and if they change it again they can shove it! :shock:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The saga continues....just had a call from Xpansys - the i-mate SP5's are IN STOCK and my wi-fi enabled, rock and roll smartphone will be shipped tomorrow. Woo-hooo :o

Guest Disco Stu
So... as the days go by, (6 since this topic was started) the general feeling seems to be that the c600 will be released without wi-fi.

Going back to the first post by SkUk21, and the subsequent replies to that post, I have to again emphasise my opinion that this topic was started with an outlandish statement just to raise everybody's hopes with no true basis.

Insider knowledge my ar*e...

and you can keep your 9.5/10 points too

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let's hope this guy gets the Christmas presents he asks for ! :shock: :o

Seriously though, a little realism here chaps.

The operators often make (very) last minute changes to specs so seeing is believing.

Guest sporkguy

Guys - topic poster is talking out of his behind.

There's no word yet (apart from the deep, deep inside team) in *any* part of Orange as to whether the C600 will have WiFi.

We'll just have to wait until reviewers get their hands on the final release. I think the tech department's main worry is the affect WiFi will have on the battery life.

Watch this space.

Guest shuurajou
Guys - topic poster is talking out of his behind.

There's no word yet (apart from the deep, deep inside team) in *any* part of Orange as to whether the C600 will have WiFi.

We'll just have to wait until reviewers get their hands on the final release. I think the tech department's main worry is the affect WiFi will have on the battery life.

Watch this space.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PM'd you sporkguy with quotation from internal documents.

Guest sporkguy
PM'd you sporkguy with quotation from internal documents.

I have the same documentation as you do - where it only mentions it once.

Like I said in my reply, I'm not going to put all my eggs in the one basket for now, we know how fickle the customisation dept get - especially as SPVs are their main area.

Guest Pondrew
i beg your pardon? its on scholar you dimwit

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Leave the name calling out thanks guys. Not what this forum is about.

We'll find out the truth soon enough...

Guest chrisbpr

are we any nearer finding out 1. when this handset will be relesed & 2. will it have wifi as i am now out of contract & getting impaitent.

i did think about going to voda with the sp5 but 18 month contracts & high gprs charges dont appell to me.

Guest mcwarre
i did think about going to voda with the sp5 but 18 month contracts & high gprs charges dont appell to me.

Same here; I then looked a t-mobile. A walled garden service. Pah pathetic.

TBH for all the moaning that goes on (me included) O are the best network IMHO.

Guest leftofcentre

Er.. sorry to be a plank but what exactly is the main benefit of WIFI?

Is it so you can use your own web connection instead of having to use GPRS?

Brian

Guest Pondrew
Same here; I then looked a t-mobile.  A walled garden service. Pah pathetic.

TBH for all the moaning that goes on (me included) O are the best network IMHO.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Walled garden service mcwarre? Not sure what you mean. There's no restrictions on my internet access with T-Mobile.