I-Mate SP5

Guest Pagemakers

Guest Pagemakers
Also let us know if voicedial works with a BT headset with the keypad locked.. thanks :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tested this today. YES it does work :(

Guest Pagemakers
If it does work the best way to test it would be to share a folder on a PC (call it share and the pc is PC)

Then while connected to the same network as the PC via wi-fi try entering this in the address bar of internet explorer

\\PC\share

now I'm sure you have plenty more to be doing so don't worry about trying it, I've ordered the phone anyway and whether or not that workes aint going to make me cancel  :o  i'll give it a shot if eXpansys ever deliver  :evil:

cheers

gerryR

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope this does not work. Pocket IE says the URL is incorrectly formatted.

Also from the PC. It can't see the phone on the network.

Nope this does not work.  Pocket IE says the URL is incorrectly formatted.

Also from the PC. It can't see the phone on the network.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats a pity

thanks very much for trying though :exclaim:

gerryR

Hi I got a few questions

1/ How does the 64k sceen compare with the 262k screen of the C550?

2/ As the phone has a deicated contacts key, is the right softkey customisable?

3/ How does it feel in the hand compared to the C550, bigger, smaller or what?

4/ Is there portrait mode like PPC devices?

Still umming & ahhing over the SP5 or SP5m....

Thanks

Guest Pagemakers
Hi I got a few questions

2/ As the phone has a deicated contacts key, is the right softkey customisable?

3/ How does it feel in the hand compared to the C550, bigger, smaller or what?

4/ Is there portrait mode like PPC devices?

Still umming & ahhing over the SP5 or SP5m....

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1) Same

2) Yes. No it is not customisable, However with Pzee's simple hack it is now my IE button!

3) Feels better, looks 100 times better. It's a great phone.

4) No you can not rotate the screen

Tested this today.  YES it does work :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow this is great news. Does it use voicetags that have to be trained like the 5600? I'm definatly buying this phone now for me to be able to dial through my headset and not touch my phone is excellent. Hopefully the caller id on my bt800 will also work with the phone but that isn't a deal breaker for me.

thanks for testing that out..

Guest nwinton

Does the SP5 work with both BT headset and BT GPS receiver simultaneously?

I want to use GPS and use a headset while driving. Can the SP5 handle two paired Bluetooth devices at the same time? :??:

Guest machiavell1

Does your WMP10 work with AAC files? I know some versions of WMP10 on the sp3i/sp3 did work with it and some didn't (ie the Orange C500 doesn't :evil: )

I would be grateful if you could try it out and let us know. That would be a serious advantage to this phone if it did!

Thanks

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

*flame suit on*

My understanding was the C550 had a 64k colour screen? (Initial specs were incorrect...)

*flame suit on*

My understanding was the C550 had a 64k colour screen? (Initial specs were incorrect...)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I read somewhere that both screens were capable of 256k colors but it is a limitation of the OS (both 2003 and WM5) that limits the display to 65k colors.

could be wrong but I read it in a few places.

gerryR

Guest gilesjuk
would be nice to finally have a smartphone that is dust proof , the bigger the screen and brighter makes the dust show quicker , heres hoping  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Given the very limited availability you'd have a problem changing it too.

Couple of more Qs (Hope your're not fed up with all the questions yet Pagemakers?? ;)

If you are in an area that supports EDGE do you get a seperate icon to the GPRS "G" (like a big "E" for eg ?

Have you tried the phone with MS Exchange ? does the push email work ? (I think I heard somewhere that it had been left out of WM5 initally and was to be added with a later upgrade?)

cheers

gerryR

Guest lucabery

hi! :D

if possible i'd like to know somethings about T9 in sp5/m

is possible to add new word? if yes how many?

and is possible to edit word?

thanks very much ;)

Guest dabstar
Have you tried the phone with MS Exchange ?  does the push email work ? (I think I heard somewhere that it had been left out of WM5 initally and was to be added with a later upgrade?)

The push-email functionality is a new feature in Exchange 2003 SP2 which is not out yet. (Well, it is out in a so-called Community Tech Preview, a kind of beta).

Also you need "Windows Mobile 5.0 Messaging & Security Feature Pack" on the mobile device to take advantage of the new Exchange Server features. I'm not sure if it is included already or if it will be available as a download later: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/bus.../5/default.mspx and http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/bus.../wm5exch03.mspx

The push-email functionality is a new feature in Exchange 2003 SP2 which is not out yet.  (Well, it is out in a so-called Community Tech Preview, a kind of beta).

Also you need "Windows Mobile 5.0 Messaging & Security Feature Pack" on the mobile device to take advantage of the new Exchange Server features. I'm not sure if it is included already or if it will be available as a download later: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/bus.../5/default.mspx and http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/bus.../wm5exch03.mspx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cheers for the info dabstar! I'll read up on it.

gerryR

Guest Pagemakers
Couple of more Qs (Hope your're not fed up with all the questions yet Pagemakers?? ;)

If you are in an area that supports EDGE do you get a seperate icon to the GPRS "G" (like a big "E" for eg ?

Have you tried the phone with MS Exchange ?  does the push email work ? (I think I heard somewhere that it had been left out of WM5 initally and was to be added with a later upgrade?)

cheers

gerryR

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm in the states at the moment on Cingular and my phone still shows G. I have no idea thouse if I have edge coverage here.

No I haven't used it with Exchange.