I-Mate SP5

Guest Pagemakers

Guest Pagemakers
SP3 Win Mob SM 2003 would check only one e-mail account automatically, being only whichever messaging account was last in the foreground (eg if the SMS account were in foreground no e-mail account would ever be checked!) Can SP5 check all e-mail accounts (eg. "private" & "work" accounts), and irrespective of which messaging account last viewed?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have several email accounts on my phone which are set to poll for email every 30 mins.

I am pleased to say that ALL accounts work regardless of which account is selected unlike the 2003 O/S.

Do you happen to have a BT headset? I'm really interested to know if you can initiate voicedial through BT when the keypad is locked.Thats my main complaint about the SMT5600 is not being able to intiate BT when the keypad is locked and I read thats the same problem with the new Fonix VoiceDial also.

Guest Pagemakers
Do you happen to have a BT headset? I'm really interested to know if you can initiate voicedial through BT when the keypad is locked.Thats my main complaint about the SMT5600 is not being able to intiate BT when the keypad is locked and I read thats the same problem with the new Fonix VoiceDial also.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes I do but I'm not back at home until Tuesday. I can test it for you then.

Yes I do but I'm not back at home until Tuesday. I can test it for you then.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wonderful..

I was also wondering how the joystick handles. Is it easy to push in and select without accidently clicking off to the side or up and down?

Guest Pagemakers

Everything regarding the human/device interface is wonderful.

The buttons and joystick are by far the best of any smartphone.

The buttons are easy to press (unlike the dead bits of plastic on the SPVs) and even with big fingers, accidentally pressing wrong keys is rarely done.

When you press the start key you need to press the left sort key to move through the rest of the menus. Pressing 0 or 9 does not advance you through the menus. That is taking some getting used to at the moment.

Edited by Pagemakers

Strange...

I have mine (Qtek 8300) for one and a half months now and it does support German localization as well.

By the way - as I have already said here briefly - phantastic device!

In the regional settings there is:

Spanish

Netherlands

Italian

Turkish

Cestina (Whatever that is)

Dutch

Greek

US English

French

Portugese

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest lapimate

Thanks.

Can you say whether the SP5's Wi-fi 802.11b implementation includes WPA security (ie not merely WEP)?

Edited by lapimate

Guest dasingh

Is the SP5 screen size the same size as the SPV C500?

Liking the look of this phone :o

EDIT: Could you post some example photos taken from the phone

Thanks

Edited by dasingh

Guest markdotpeters5

No-one ever seems keen to post photos taken with their devices. Mainly because most of them are cack i'll wager.

This device does look amazing, even if the camera's only 1mp if it were decent enough i'd be very tempted indeed!

Guest abhayseth

I just got my SP5m - Software ver is much much better than the SP3i - its a little more intelligent than the WM-3.

I need to know are they any sites that have got softwares avaialble for the SP5m - i need softwares for the Send Contact & SMS scheduler that dont work on the WM5.

Guest dave106

how thick are the two phones? I-mates site lists the dimensions as identical but a while back i remember seeing an image of the two side by and side and the m version looked a bit bulkier.

Guest abhayseth
how thick are the two phones? I-mates site lists the dimensions as identical but a while back i remember seeing an image of the two side by and side and the m version looked a bit bulkier.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the SP5m is almost a quater of an inch thicker than the SP3i & a little heavier - but has a fantastic screen. post-104001-1129013945_thumb.jpgpost-104001-1129013963_thumb.jpg

Guest dave106
the SP5m is almost a quater of an inch thicker than the SP3i & a little heavier - but has a fantastic screen. post-104001-1129013945_thumb.jpgpost-104001-1129013963_thumb.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh sorry! I meant between the Sp5 and Sp5M. The regular Sp5 looks a little slimer than the sp5m to me.

I don't see how to do that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If it does work the best way to test it would be to share a folder on a PC (call it share and the pc is PC)

Then while connected to the same network as the PC via wi-fi try entering this in the address bar of internet explorer

\\PC\share

now I'm sure you have plenty more to be doing so don't worry about trying it, I've ordered the phone anyway and whether or not that workes aint going to make me cancel :o i'll give it a shot if eXpansys ever deliver :evil:

cheers

gerryR

Guest nwinton
You could actually leave Vodafone at the end of the contract and ask for your PAC code, then goto www.mobilefun.co.uk and order an imate SP5 on a Vodafone contact and fill in your PAC code and mobile number in the order form :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried to keep my Vodafone number but was told by MobileFun aka Buzz that it would not be accepted by Vodafone.

You'd think they'd like to keep the business rather than lose out to another network! :?:

So I've ported to O2

Guest gilesjuk
If it does work the best way to test it would be to share a folder on a PC (call it share and the pc is PC)

Then while connected to the same network as the PC via wi-fi try entering this in the address bar of internet explorer

\\PC\share

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The default file explorer with my PocketPC can't do that, but Resco did no problem. Maybe this works for the Smartphone version?

The default file explorer with my PocketPC can't do that, but Resco did no problem. Maybe this works for the Smartphone version?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice one, I look forward to finding out!

Cheers for the info

gerryR