Vodafone Vpx Casing

Guest fluffcat1

Guest fluffcat1

Just got a vodafone VPX off ebay, anyone any ideas why the top casing is so chunky compared to other blueangels? They've built up the area around the earpiece, and the frame around the screen is approx 2mm higher from the screen than an m2000 or xda IIs, giving it a noticable ridge and making the overall thickness greater and I can't understand why? Surely if the were going to re-style it for their own use they could have done it a bit better and possibley made it slimmer than an m200 rather than chunkier?

I'll post comparison photos when my camera is charged.

Richard

Guest fluffcat1

The VPX also doesn't have the FCC ID of Blueangel on the IMEI plate - instead it has the specifi absorbtion rate listed :

SAR 0.201 w/Kg@10g

Hmmmm....wonder what it'd take to cook a braincell?....

Comparison pictures of M2000 / IIs / VPx attached.

Richard

post-145647-1128902154_thumb.jpg

post-145647-1128902205_thumb.jpg

post-145647-1128902256_thumb.jpg

post-145647-1128902291_thumb.jpg

post-145647-1128902335_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Pondrew

Somehow missed your post back on the 10th. Bizarre that they would go to the trouble of using a unique case rather then just changing it subtly like most providers did. Especially as I'd probably say it makes it look fatter and uglier! :?:

How come this device has next to no references to it online? All I could find were some shop listings (mostly without pics). Vodafone don't seem to feature it ANYWHERE!

Even stranger seeing your post here about the VPx components not seeming to be compatible with other Blue Angel variation parts :shock:

Guest fluffcat1
Somehow missed your post back on the 10th. Bizarre that they would go to the trouble of using a unique case rather then just changing it subtly like most providers did. Especially as I'd probably say it makes it look fatter and uglier!  :?:

How come this device has next to no references to it online? All I could find were some shop listings (mostly without pics). Vodafone don't seem to feature it ANYWHERE!

Even stranger seeing your post here about the VPx components not seeming to be compatible with other Blue Angel variation parts  :shock:

Even weirder - I've seen references on Vodamoan's site about them supplying it as a Qtek!?!...

And they have a HTC magician available too.

This particular VPX board has had a small amount of damage to the external aeriel adaptor hence my wanting to swap it for a mint one - the signal is v.weak at the best of times although GPRS is fine.

Richard