Help With Tomtom Mobile Crashing Spv C550

Guest readbmr

Guest readbmr

Hi, has anybody installed and using tomtom mobile on spv c550? ive installed ok using the registry settings on this site and works great untill it freezes etc, i have to switch the phone on and of to get it back again, any help with this please, hopefully theres a fix for this as you guys on here must be experiencing the same problems...regards brian...

Guest awarner [MVP]

With the reg fix TomTom has been working fine without any problems on my C550.

Your problem may be to do with another application you have running in the background.

Guest readbmr
With the reg fix TomTom has been working fine without any problems on my C550.

Your problem may be to do with another application you have running in the background.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tnankyou for your reply and will stop the other applications etc ...lets hope it works as ive also been told there could be too many pois swithched on etc, could that be true and sorry to go on but if all above fails could it be my bluetooth reciever--ie i have bt-77 gps bluetooth, or com settings, and what values did you attempt in the registry, ive changed to 138 on both and fonts, display superb.

Hope to hear soon....regards from brian

Guest readbmr
Just use the TomTOm GPS unit you have.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi and thankyou again for your help, im using a bt-77 gps bluetooth reciever, hopefully will be ok now as have turned of the other applications via task manager..any more advice appreiciated, are you to using tomtom mobile on c550? and without any problems..

Guest davejerome

Sounds like it was supplied in ZIP file or on a CD-R. :?:

Annoying that it (semi) works for him, yet my TomTom only works with my genuine TomTom unit and not my 3rd party one which i actually have a reason to use. :evil:

Edited by davejerome

• 2 months later...

I have tomtom mobile 5 working happily but had my Original Tomtom gps unit stolen from my car, (left it on the dash board doh!). Bought a 3rd party replacement but can't get TT to recognise it. Any ideas?

I have a SPV 550.