XDA Exec

Guest SkUk21

Thanks for the tip guys I have just reset the software on my Exec using the Corpoate solution and the phone is now behaving the way it should, I think the software department at O2 should rename this software from O2 Active to O2 Inactive!!!

Guest Confucious
my mate unlocked his xda exec using unlock-all.zip from xda developer web site

Your mate needn't have bothered. The XDA Exec was never locked! ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest fatgeorge
davidjtaylor you are a superstar

it works!!!!!! the xda exec comes unlocked

woooooooooo hooooooooo

my 3g orange sim is working!!!!!!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To all those who have had their XDA Execs delivered unlocked, where did you buy it from? O2 or elsewhere?

a mate of mine bought this phone and its pretty impressive! Im really tempted but whats the compatability like in terms of older software/games?

A few questions:

1. Does the phone support non 3G networks

2. Can you answer the phone when the device has the screen down? If so then how can you tell whos calling you? I take it once you open it wile its ringing it goes into loud speaker mode?

3. Does the device have vibrate more for SMS and calls? If so can this be done so it rings and vibrates at the same time?

4. Did any of you guys buy screen protectors for the phone?

Guest philtech44
cheers mate, what about the compatability with older PPC software and games or does the Exec need special versions due to WM5 or the screen res?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some are ok, some are not.. however WM5 compatible versions are being written... OS & screen size do make a difference

Guest stanthebiker
Not with the O2 Exec (and no memory card either)  :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, the mini SD card was rather handy (and so cute too!)

I suppose O2 didnt throw in 40mb of data each month either? :)

Guest Confucious
Stop teasing the poor peeps Stan. Not their fault they haven't discovered T-Mobile are top for Pocket PC Phones ;)

T-Mob phones are locked, O2's aren't. Orange throw in 1Gb data for the first 3 months - isn't 40Mb a bit small?

:D :twisted: :) :D

Guest stanthebiker
T-Mob phones are locked, O2's aren't. Orange throw in 1Gb data for the first 3 months - isn't 40Mb a bit small?

;)  :twisted:  :)  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But.... but... I got this free screen protector thing! :D

As for the locked handset, well, I heard a rumour that theres a naughty little trick to get T-Mobile to unlock it for free, but I wouldnt be so underhanded myself just to save £15.

By the way, I would have stayed with Orange, if they hadnt wanted to ream me on the handset price.

Guest Pondrew

Matter of choice but to me the screen protector and 512meg mini-sd card are far more worthwhile then an unlocked device (which worst case scenario would cost £20 to resolve!). Besides which 40meg data per month (because alledgedly it's NOT GPRS but GPRS/3G) means I won't be needing to use another providers sim will I?! :D

1gig a month for a whole 3months? ;) :)

If I was choosing between that and T-Mobiles 40meg for 18months, 12months half price and then halfprice until I upgrade or change my tariff I know which I'd go with...

Guest Confucious

I was getting through 10Mb on my C500 using GPRS - I will probably use a lot more on 3G so am not sure if 40Mb will be enough.

I bought an Exec off eBay as I didn't want to take out yet another contract and have been using my "Three" USIM in it. Their data access is a joke and they have just blocked my Exec anyway!

I have just ordered a Samsung Z500 on Orange so my brother can have that (he wanted a flip phone and voice minutes only) with one of my "Three" contracts and I will use the Orange USIM in my Exec.

No, I don't know why I make life so complicated for myself either but Orange won't swap the SIM I got with my C550 (which I no longer use) for a USIM and I am a sucker for punishment....

:)

Guest Pondrew

I've wondered the same about how much data it'll be possible to go through with a 3G device. I assumed it couldn't be TOO much more as you're still having to download the same amount per webpage surely?

T-Mobile called the Web N Walk tariff an 'all you can eat' option for web. Time will tell if it is enough. Certainly I've never managed to go through more then 20meg in a month...

What are you Universal users getting through now that you've had the device a while?

Stop teasing the poor peeps Stan. Not their fault they haven't discovered T-Mobile are top for Pocket PC Phones :)

18 month contract isn't for me. Was gonna switch to Orange and get an M5000 til O2 offered me a tenner off any tariff per month to stick around with an Xda Exec 8)

Guest copytechusa

Hi there,

I just got my XDA EXEC, from UK, I'm in the USA.

I just put my cingular(AT&T wireless), and then I did the hard reset to change my phone to corporate mode, now my phone is working but I'm having 2 problems, please I need some help with this because is getting me crazy.

the most important problem is that I have really bad reception at my office or at home, the antenna only has 1 line reception. Do you have bad signal reception also. I use to have a Siemens sx66 and the reception was way better than this one, please let me know if any of you are having the same problem.

The other problem is that my phone is in roaming all the time, I think this is because this phone is from UK, and I'm located in the USA, and the SIM card is from Cingular(AT&T wireless) from USA where I live.

Thanks.

COPYTECHUSA.

Guest Confucious

Some people have said the Universal reception isn't the best, I've had no problems.

The reason you are showing as roaming is that, although Cingular now owns AT&T they still have two network codes and if you have an AT&T SIM but are using Cingular it shows as roaming even though they are both supposed to be the same now.

HTH

Guest LoucoSP
Some people have said the Universal reception isn't  the best, I've had no problems.

The reason you are showing as roaming is that, although Cingular now owns AT&T they still have two network codes and if you have an AT&T SIM but are using Cingular it shows as roaming even though they are both supposed to be the same now.

HTH

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Guys!

Im going to UK in Xmas time, so can i buy XDA EXEC and using here in Brazil?

,my actual mobile is tri band and works here, so im only worried about simlock.

what is price in UK? suggestions about where(store) can i find in London are welcome.

Thanks for attencion.

Marcal

Guest Confucious
What are you Universal users getting through now that you've had the device a while?

In the past 2 weeks since I've been monotoring it I've used 25Mb and I've not been hammering it. I think my usage is likely to go up rather than down - at least until I start having to pay for it!