newbie - update, has it killed it?

Guest busted

Help :cry: I've just run the Orange update (link from elsewhere on this forum), I got a splash screen on my PC telling me what it was going to do (including a piccy of the phone with software versions listed), it started the update, the phone switched off in the cradle, active sync stopped and I'm left with a splash screen telling me not to turn off the phone, or disconnect it.

It's plugged into the wall charger, so it's not that. Have I just toasted my M2000, I've only had it 2 weeks :oops:

TIA

Guest Pondrew

Don't panic!

Even if the update has stalled it is always possible to start again. First of all restart your PC, take the M2000 out of the cradle and reset it (stylus in the reset hole at the bottom). U will probably see a screen with serial/usb written on it. This is the bootloader screen.

With the device still in bootloader mode, place the M2000 back in the cradle. Don't worry if activesync doesn't connect (it won't as it only connects while the device is fully running), this won't get in the way of the update.

Ensure your cradle is plugged directly into the PCs usb rather then a USB hub. Turn off any firewall software and then rerun the software update. It should then succesfully update.

Let us know if u have any more problems ;)

;) Nice one! Didn't get the bootloader screen, but did everything as you said and my phone has just restarted having updated successfully. you don't know how close to tears I was when I thought I'd cooked my phone :oops:

Many thanks :D :D :D