Mac (c550)

Guest Jamma14

Guest mini_man

nailed the .exe problem, it turns out tht when active sync is running with the phone, opening the program on the pc will open it. YAY this mac theme is truly incredible. Last question, smart explorer isnt free help

nailed the .exe problem, it turns out tht when active sync is running with the phone, opening the program on the pc will open it. YAY this mac theme is truly incredible. Last question, smart explorer isnt free help

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes it is unless you want to donate to them when it asks you to register just press the cancel and use the program. merry christmas to all

sno

I can not get this working for the life of me.

I have installed...

tcpmp

smart explorer

oreneta notepad

monitorplug.arm.cab (which tells the temp.... Pretty cool)

mac.zip (mac.hme)

All seem to work independently except mac.hme.

All of the apps are located on my phone (audiovox 5600), not on

a storage card. So I also installed mac.sno.xml. That did not work

so I renamed that file to mac.home.xml, which also did not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Jamma14
I can not get this working for the life of me.

I have installed...

tcpmp

smart explorer

oreneta notepad

monitorplug.arm.cab (which tells the temp.... Pretty cool)

mac.zip (mac.hme)

All seem to work independently except mac.hme.

All of the apps are located on my phone (audiovox 5600), not on

a storage card. So I also installed mac.sno.xml. That did not work

so I renamed that file to mac.home.xml, which also did not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It may well be because you have an audiovox 5600. The skin is called Mac (c550) because currently it is only for c550s, sorry bout that. :) :twisted:

Loving the xmas smilies!

It may well be because you have an audiovox 5600. The skin is called Mac (c550) because currently it is only for c550s, sorry bout that.  :)  :twisted:

Loving the xmas smilies!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there any thing else that I did not install? I have heard around these parts that there is an orange plugin that I need.

I am not sure but isn't the 5600 the same as the c550, Just re-branded?

• 3 weeks later...
Hiya,Luv the mac screen.

but can't get my tcpmp icon to work even though I've added the sno.xml to the storage\app.data\home folder ;)

Any ideas

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If it's any help I juset edited the xml so that the shortcut to the tcpmp player pointer directly to the program shortcut on the phone.

"\Storage\windows\Start Menu\TCPMP.lnk"

Ray

If it's any help I juset edited the xml so that the shortcut to the tcpmp player pointer directly to the program shortcut on the phone.

"\Storage\windows\Start Menu\TCPMP.lnk"

Ray

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm afraid I don't understand...bit of a newbie! :oops:

I'm afraid I don't understand...bit of a newbie! :oops:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the sno xml is a version of the mac homescreen with the tcpmp shortcut to tcpmp installed on the memory card, were did you instal tcpmp to phone or memory card

if its to the phone use original mac xml

hopr this helps

later

sno

the sno xml is a version of the mac homescreen with the tcpmp shortcut to tcpmp installed on the memory card, were did you instal tcpmp to phone or memory card

if its to the phone use original mac xml

hopr this helps

later

sno

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My tcpmp is in storage\program files...but I tried the icon before the sno xml and it didn't work..oh and my notepad icon is not working either ;)

I've just installed orneta,which is in the start menu ok

thanx for help

Alby

My tcpmp is in storage\program files...but I tried the icon before the sno xml and it didn't work..oh and my notepad icon is not working either ;)

I've just installed orneta,which is in the start menu ok

thanx for help

Alby

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah mate the sno.xml was created for tcpmp shortcut to the phone, i got that the wrong way round before.Storage\Program Files\TCPMP\ if this is where your tcpmp folder is then the shortcut should work. the xml files can viewed using word or notepad on your pc they can also be edited, it is worth looking at an xml file it isnt as hard to change the shortcuts as you might expect

later

sno

Its probably that in the XML the link to the programme is for TCPMP saved on the Storage Card whereas youve saved TCPMP on storage. Just open the XML, look for the link to TCPMP and then find the path to TCPMP and change it to Storage or Storage Card (Whichever is not there)

EDIT: Sno beat me to it ;)

Edited by w411y

Its probably that in the XML the link to the programme is for TCPMP saved on the Storage Card whereas youve saved TCPMP on storage. Just open the XML, look for the link to TCPMP and then find the path to TCPMP and change it to Storage or Storage Card (Whichever is not there)

EDIT: Sno beat me to it ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I edited the Mac.home.xml to where my orneta and tcpmp are and sent to phone......but still not working! :evil:

Here's my moded file:

My Orneta link on phone is:Storage\Windows\Start Menu\Notepad.lnk

My TCPMP link on phone is:Storage\Windows\Start Menu\TCPMP.lnk

Why is it not working........mac_al.xml

Edited by Alby

I edited the Mac.home.xml to where my orneta and tcpmp are and sent to phone......but still not working! :evil:

Here's my moded file:

My Orneta link on phone is:Storage\Windows\Start Menu\Notepad.lnk

My TCPMP link on phone is:Storage\Windows\Start Menu\TCPMP.lnk

Why is it not working........mac_al.xml

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

easy mate try this xml i have edited the tcpmp as i think it uses exe not lnk

i dont know about orneta

hope it works

later sno

mac_al_1.xml

easy mate try this xml i have edited the tcpmp as i think it uses exe not lnk

i dont know about orneta

hope it works

later sno

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for reply Sno,

Think I sussed it.Had to refresh the homescreen by switching between another one.Now its working great ;)

Once again thanks for everones help

Guest Jamma14
Thanks for reply Sno,

Think I sussed it.Had to refresh the homescreen by switching between another one.Now its working great :D

Once again thanks for everones help

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry I wasn't here to help, cheers to everyone else for helping Alby out. That is the one annoying thing about homescreen designing, that to refresh it each time you have to switch to another and then switch back. :x

Glad you got it sorted anyway, let me know if you have any other problems. ;)

Jamma

Guest Jamma14

Update: This can be gotten to work on non-orange phones.

Just read the first 2 pages of THIS topic!

Can anyone confirm this method works for WM5 phones??

Ps. No asking for the dll! ;)

Guest PPCPassion
I too would like to know if it can be used on a WM5 device!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it does ;)

I have installed on my QTEK 8310 and it worked like a charm. I did have to edit XML basically to point the short cuts in the right direction. No Biggie. Also I would like to point out that I did not need Resco Explorer to make 4orangeh.dll (read other thread mentioned above) to work. I Used Smart Explorer. Go File>Open With and just add WM5-REGSVRC file to "open with" list, click ok and you get the message indicating, file was something something done ok. I installed it on my storage card by the way.

Now, I do have one issue which is kinda dumb thing on my part that I can't make it to work, Icon 2nd from right (in between Beta Player and Explorer) is not working. If I am not mistaken this is for MRU plug in. Rest everything is working. I was under the impression that MRU plug in is built in

the OS???

PS: Jamma14, your XP is also working well. I can wait to see the update on that one too :?:

Thanks for all your hard work!!!

Guest Jamma14

Oops you beat me to it PPCPassion!

Yeh that is for the MRU plugin - maybe it has changed for WM5 - I'll look into it.

And XP's coming along nicely, next version I'd say about 2 days so keep a look out!

James

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.