Vodafone?

Guest Wizard

Does anyone know what the status is with Vodafone releasing the Universal? The Register seem to believe it will be released as the VPA IV, but I can't see it listed for sale anywhere.

Anyone know?

I need a network with decent coverage, and I'd love to find an alternative to Orange.

Wizard

Guest dazza12

I was doing a search on the VPA 4 earlier, and the only retailer that seemed to have any details on it was Expansys.

Worryingly however, it's marked as discontinued. Whether that's because it's not released yet or Vodafone have pulled it it's not clear.

Guest rickyburke

expansys did the same before the release of the m5000 had it marked as discontinued, so don't worry too much, should be out soon, personally ive never had any dealings with vodafone, so give them a call and see what they say.

if i go past one of their stores ill go in and ask, ill say to them, when are you lot getting this (my M5000) on Vodafone.

lol

;)

Guest Confucious
i noticed that 3 of mine vodafone simcards didn't work in the Universal? is there some sort of problem with the layout of the vodafone simcards?

Which Universal are you trying your SIMs in? Are they SIMs or USIMs?

I need a network with decent coverage, and I'd love to find an alternative to Orange.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Er....O2? Think you'll find they've better coverage then Orange and are up there snapping at Vodafone's heels.

Guest Confucious
Er....O2? Think you'll find they've better coverage then Orange and are up there snapping at Vodafone's heels.

According to O2's website they will have 3G coverage in my home area in the "Future" - just absolutly no indication of when in the future!!!!!

According to O2's website they will have 3G coverage in my home area in the "Future" - just absolutly no indication of when in the future!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's all odds and sods at the end of the day - I can barely get an Orange signal where I live to even make voice calls! And no I don't live on a farm in the middle of nowhere, I'm only about 18 miles south of central London in suburbia! Edited by PhiL P

Guest dazza12

In my area (Somerset), O2 have quite a few spots where there is no signal at all. O2's 3G coverage is almost non-existant. Same with T-Mobile.

Orange and Vodafone seem to be the 2 with any decent coverage, Orange being the strongest for both GPRS and 3G. It seems to be a common story outside city areas, both Orange and Vodafone seem to be the best for rural coverage.

My job takes me all round Somerset, and often over the borders into the surrounding areas, so I get to find out where my mobile(s) work (or not).