eTrust Antivirus annoyance on SP5

Guest Kinch

Hi there,

Just got my SP5 and everytime i boot it up it says :

"alert YOUR SIGNATURE HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED FOR 9 DAYS !

DO YOU WANT TO CHECK FOR A NEW SIGNATURE NOW?"

And eveytime i hit YES i connect to wifi and it downloads an update and says "YOU ALREADY HAVE THE MOST UP TO DATE SIGNATURE".

This happens every time i boot it up, is there any way of stopping this ??

Also, i cant get MMS to work and i have installed the .cab file from clubimate.com

any tips ???

Guest roma0803

Hkey_local_machine - software - computer associates - etrust antivirus - maxsigage -> change from 8 days to another value. It's less annoying, don't know how often the signatures are updated.

Edited by roma0803

Guest shadamehr
Hi there,

Just got my SP5 and everytime i boot it up it says :

"alert YOUR SIGNATURE HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED FOR 9 DAYS !

DO YOU WANT TO CHECK FOR A NEW SIGNATURE NOW?"

And eveytime i hit YES i connect to wifi and it downloads an update and says "YOU ALREADY HAVE THE MOST UP TO DATE SIGNATURE".

This happens every time i boot it up, is there any way of stopping this ??

Also, i cant get MMS to work and i have installed the .cab file from clubimate.com

any tips ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nothing for me to add - cos I am having EXACTLY the same problems - BOTH of them. But I will anyway...

8 Day warning every boot up even though I am up to date.

And cant send or receive MMS - no errors.... they just don't arrive at the phone, or the destination phone when I send from SP5.

Aw man...

Guest shadamehr
NO,  :shock:  should i have done ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seems not - me neither.

First time EVER I have bought ANY make of phone that uses any sort of memory cards, and not got one with it *lol*

We did get a nice little pouch, but I would have prefered even a basic 32MB card.

Ah well, they are pretty cheap nowadays.

Now to find out if you can store your wallpapers and ringtones on a memory card...

I've still not cracked the MMS issue yet either mate - Live Support/I-mate site is soooo slow and keeps timing out tonight...

Edited by shadamehr

i downloaded the cab file from clubimate that was specific for O2 on contract, but it didnt work.

Still, i will keep searching.

As for the memory card, luckily i got a 128Mb one with my SPV, so im gonna put that one in and sell the SPV with the standard 16Mb one.

Guest shadamehr
i downloaded the cab file from clubimate that was specific for O2 on contract, but it didnt work.

Still, i will keep searching.

As for the memory card, luckily i got a 128Mb one with my SPV, so im gonna put that one in and sell the SPV with the standard 16Mb one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which standard 16mb one mate?

Or did u mean you BOUGHT an additional 128MB one for your previous spv, so you are gonna use that in the SP5 and sell the spv with the 16MB one it came from?

If so, got you mate.

This MMS issue is sure peeving me off though.

Hope I can get through to live support in the morning...

Which standard 16mb one mate?

Or did u mean you BOUGHT an additional 128MB one for your previous spv, so you are gonna use that in the SP5 and sell the spv with the 16MB one it came from?

If so, got you mate.

This MMS issue is sure peeving me off though.

Hope I can get through to live support in the morning...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, i got an 128MB +16Mb cards with my old SPV C500 when i bought it (deal that was on) and i have now got that in my SP5.

Guest shadamehr
What's all the fuss about? Just delete the shortcut to the antivirus from the Startup folder.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool.

If you don't want it.

And in any event, that solves the 'inconvenient' issue that I can already ignore.

But how does that solve NO MMS.

Or is not being able to send and receive MMS, just us being 'fussy' too.

*lol*

Cool.

If you don't want it.

And in any event, that solves the 'inconvenient' issue that I can already ignore.

But how does that solve NO MMS.

Or is not being able to send and receive MMS, just us being 'fussy' too.

*lol*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its not fussy, its annoying the hell out of me aswell. Where are you entering your MMS settings?

Guest roma0803
Its not fussy, its annoying the hell out of me aswell. Where are you entering your MMS settings?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In (roughly translated from Dutch) messages, accountsettings, MMS, in the preferences screen choose menu, MMSC Settings. Insert them manually as probably found on your providers site.

Guest shadamehr

Go into Menu > Messaging > MMS

Then press the Menu right soft key...

Go to Options...

Then Account Options...

Then choose "MMS"...

Press the Menu right softkey...

And choose MMSC Settings...

And as far as I can tell they are correct, from the cab file from the i-mate site...

I am off to check my son's old C500 to see if I can spot any issues, but he is O2 PAYG, not Contract.

You ARE on O2 mate, yes?

Guest shadamehr

Mmm - I noticed in the MMSC url address that "O2" was using a CAPITAL O on my SP5, but a lowercase one on my son's c500.

So I changed it, and tried sending an MMS to the phone.

And weirdly, the GPRS started to connect, I got a Message notification, BUT, a message saying "Unable to receive your incoming messages (etc)"

This is more than yesterday when nothing was happening,...

ADDITIONALLY...

I then saw the reason for this:

"Not enough free space for message downloading. Please free up some space and try again"

HUH?

On a new SP5, for a 13KB MMS?

Weird

Edited by shadamehr

Guest roma0803

Nope, not an O2 customer here.

It seems you're getting there. I recognize the memory message, never had that with my MPx220. I solved it (for now) by changing my calendar synchronisation from "all" to "6 months". In my case this freed up about 4MB (check the pim.vol in the root of your phone) and that was enough to be able to send MMS again.

Guest shadamehr

Cheers Roma,

But Task Manager tells me I have 22,169 free!!!

This is a new phone, so a single 12KB MMS, cannot possibly be too much for it...

So I don't get it...

Weird indeed - damn frustrating... I've had my phone a day and still cant MMS...

EXCEPT>>>>>>

Trying to take photos, it is telling me the disk is full too now...

So clearly the Free Memory, is totally different to the free RAM.

Still, not sure how it can be too full for a 12KB MMS, when it went on to let me take another THREE 186KB photos thereafter... this is starting to bamboozle me...

I'm off to explore...

Edited by shadamehr

Guest roma0803

It's the first memory (RAM?) shown in taskmanager that needs to be free. I have about 5MB free. That should be enough.

I'm searching the net a bit to find tools that move items to the card instead of keeping it in phone memory. Specially MMS would be nice if messages, sent or received, are kept on the memorycard.

Edit: And stop editing your messages while I write a reply ;)

You can save your photo's on the card, it's an option you can choose in the menu while in camera.

Edited by roma0803

Guest shadamehr

OK..

I've cleared up 2Meg of 'disk space' memory.

And that is STILL not enough to download a tiny 12KB MMS.

So if that is correct, then this phone is going back...

But I suspect that's not the problem.

It also worries me how a new phone, with nothing installed on it except a few 500K ringtones, making about 3MB max, can be full already?

Eh? What gives - even my C500 could take loads of stuff before it was full.

So what am I missing here guys?

EDIT:

Same happens for sending too.

Aw bloody hell man... lol

Edited by shadamehr

Guest roma0803

I realy don't know. Never had this problem with my MPx220.

I can send and download MMS messages so it might be a setting with your phone. There are options to enable (or disable) downloading directly to your phone. Have you checked them?

Edited by roma0803

Guest shadamehr

Right...

I've got to the bottom of this, and its NOT good...

The problem why it was not downloading at all, was because the MMSC url address as per the I-mate website cab settings, was WRONG, having an uppercase letter O for O2, instead of a lowercase one.

(well put it like this, as bizarre as it seems, changing this to a lowercase o worked)

BUT...

The reason I then could not fully download my MMS messages after this, was because 3MB free disk space on the phone is NOT ENOUGH to let it download a 12KB MMS.

But delete all my ringtones, and make the free space 8MB, and then they download fine.

NO WAY I-mate... 3MB of free space is not enough to download MMS messages???

Are you for real?

With a base new phone, and Antivirus removed, I can only manage 8MB free.

That is with my ringtones removed.

Add my ringtones (and nothing else to the phone), and I have about 3.8MB free.

And with this amount, it wont let me download MMS messages.

I can't USE a phone like that... come off it!

Anyone any suggests what I am missing here?

Edited by shadamehr