SP5 wifi connection

Guest wingnutLP

Guest wingnutLP

I have just got a shiny new sp5 but am having trouble with the wifi connection on it.

I first tried to link to my router using the wpa-ska security but when I enter my access key it says key invalid. When I go back into settings it seems to have added a load of extra characters to the network key.

I figured I would try regular wep but it is looking for 4 sets of digits for the key I have tred using the first set of characters but there is no option for entering the other three keys. I assume that this is something to do with the last setting "key index" but I only seem to be able to enter one key at a time. Needless to say I still could not connect.

Finally I tried to disable all security on the access point. It now shows up on my list of access points as an unsecured network but when I select connect nothing seems to happen, I get no error message or indication that anything is happening at all!

Can anyone shed any light on what I am doing wrong please? ;)

Guest roma0803
I have just got a shiny new sp5 but am having trouble with the wifi connection on it.

I first tried to link to my router using the wpa-ska security but when I enter my access key it says key invalid. When I go back into settings it seems to have added a load of extra characters to the network key.

I figured I would try regular wep but it is looking for 4 sets of digits for the key I have tred using the first set of characters but there is no option for entering the other three keys. I assume that this is something to do with the last setting "key index" but I only seem to be able to enter one key at a time. Needless to say I still could not connect.

Finally I tried to disable all security on the access point. It now shows up on my list of access points as an unsecured network but when I select connect nothing seems to happen, I get no error message or indication that anything is happening at all!

Can anyone shed any light on what I am doing wrong please? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Disable WiFi on your phone, go to the WiFi settings and delete the network(s) that show up in the list. Enable WiFi again on your phone, wait a couple of seconds and follow the wizard on your screen.

Guest wingnutLP
Disable WiFi on your phone, go to the WiFi settings and delete the network(s) that show up in the list. Enable WiFi again on your phone, wait a couple of seconds and follow the wizard on your screen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ohhhh a wizard how exciting ;) I will try later tonight.

THANKS!!!!

Guest trevdixon

Im havin trouble connecting my sp5 to my wireless modem too. When i turn wi-fi on the phone it always asks me to type in my WEP code. It works after i do that, but I have to type in the WEP code every time I coonect to my home network. Why wont my SP5 remember the WEP code?