IMPORTANT: Pocket IE files on Storage Card Patch

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest UniqueTouch

woah Pondrew, just noticed your in South Croydon...just down the road from me then...I'm in Croydon.

The internet may be vast, but sometime it really does feel like a small world

;)

Edited by UniqueTouch

Guest Pondrew

Hmmm. So did you used to have an SPV E100 UniqueTouch? Because I remember noticing someone using on the T33 a while back... :D

As for a meet, if only the Blue Orchid was still open! ;)

Guest UniqueTouch
As for a meet, if only the Blue Orchid was still open! ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

=; [-X

you would never ever see me in there!

please don't say you used to go to that place. :shock:

Guest GuyAdams

Thanks Paul, this really helps me out.

Regards

Guy_Adams

BTW, this is the first time I application unlocked one of my phones and thanks to Modaco all went very very smoothly and without any fuss.

Guest Pondrew
=;  [-X

you would never ever see me in there!

please don't say you used to go to that place.  :shock:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only a couple of times a long time ago ;)

Actually, believe it or not but Black Sheep bars metal night on a thursday night used to be my thing. These days though Tiger Tiger is much more civilised.

Desperately trying to think how I can bring this post back in topic but I think I've failed!

Guest UniqueTouch
Actually, believe it or not but Black Sheep bars metal night on a thursday night used to be my thing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My cousin used to work on the door there. I didn't like the music in there so never went there.

These days though Tiger Tiger is much more civilised.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah proably half decent place to go now...although Edwards/Llyods is not bad if you can get past all the wannabes.

Desperately trying to think how I can bring this post back in topic but I think I've failed!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I might have just made that a bit harder! Sorry!!

;)

Guest Pondrew

Yep, Lloyds is ok. Definately better then the Weatherspoons 'The George'.

Right, what can I say about Pocket IE files on storage card patch... err...

... well ...

... D'oh! :oops:

Guest Pondrew

Me, aside from Croydon I've lived in Exeter, Devon and Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Didn't know the meaning of summer nor winter until lived in Canada. -30 degrees C in the winter. 35 degrees C during summer 8)

Myself and Pagemakers have witnessed issues with the phone for anyone who uses Pocket IE even a little bit, caused by the fact the Cache files stored in Windows\Profiles\Guest can get huge very easily!

Attached to this post is a CAB file that moves Temporary Internet Files (the Cache), Cookies and History to a directory on the Storage Card.

Recommended use:

- Run Pocket IE, and from the options menu, clear the Cache, History and Cookies.

- Use Task Manager to close down Pocket IE

- Install this CAB

- Run Pocket IE

- All done, you should now have a Pocket IE directory on your storage card with 3 subdirectories.

You can optionally browse (on the phone or the desktop) to Windows\Profiles\guest and delete whatever you can (there's some files you can't delete), to ensure you are saving as much space as possible.

This has the added bonus that if you hard reset your phone in the future, after rerunning this CAB, you will retain your Cache, Cookies and History :D

Enjoy (note this is tested only on the iMate SP5, but may work on other devices!)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello All!

I used simple registry changes to firstly app-unlock my SP5, then another registry change to adjust the path (to a storage card) that IE stores it's cache, history & cookies too. Why run a .cab file when it can be done manually in about 5mins? :roll: All the info is on this great website!! I'm happy to show anyone if they are interested :)

BTW could any of you homepage Xperts :idea: help me with this request please, I wasn't able to post this where it belongs in the homepage customisation forum unfortunately;

http://www.modaco.com/Semi_transparent_COL...HT-t231888.html

Billy.

Fair point, but why NOT use a CAB?

I am fully au-fait with registry editing, but use a CAB for convenience!

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes fair point too!

Yes cab is easier, I just would prefer to always make any simple changes manually so I know what is actually happening to my phone, especially registry changes. That way if it goes wrong I can go back and revert to previous settings rather than relying on a cab file to make changes and not really knowing what was changed in the process, not that your cab files aren't any good of course :) It's just that things do go wrong sometimes as we all know. lf any of you are anything like me you will be playing with the OS registry on the bus and just hard reset or re-install the OS and start again when things go haywire :x - one of the beauties of owning a windows run, unlocked device.

Billy.

• 1 month later...
Guest duchski
Oh, and there is an uninstall option should you wish to use it.

My next mission: Moving Favorites to the Storage Card so they return after a hard reset.

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not really a solution but rather a workaround. In Active Sync choose to sync your favorites. It will sync the phone with the PC, buidling a Mobile Favorites folders in your PC favorites folder... This way even after the "executive reset" (throwing the phone out the window and getting a new one) you won't lose your favs...

Not really a solution but rather a workaround. In Active Sync choose to sync your favorites. It will sync the phone with the PC, buidling a Mobile Favorites folders in your PC favorites folder... This way even after the "executive reset" (throwing the phone out the window and getting a new one) you won't lose your favs...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi duchski,

That is a very good workaround. Please can you tell me how to add it AS Please.

Many Thanks for any information/Help

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gu5tav0
Hi duchski,

That is a very good workaround. Please can you tell me how to add it AS Please.

Many Thanks for any information/Help

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Make sure you are using AS 4.1

In AS goto Tools --> Options --> Select Sync favorites.

Make sure you are using AS 4.1

In AS goto Tools --> Options --> Select Sync favorites.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi gu5tav0,

Thanks for the Information I have got AS 4.1.0 (Build 4841 I can not find Favorites under Tools Options.

Have you got the same Build No. As me?

Many Thanks for any Info/Help

Hi!

Keypad buttons clear in temp.. cookies, history, one step?

Myself and Pagemakers have witnessed issues with the phone for anyone who uses Pocket IE even a little bit, caused by the fact the Cache files stored in Windows\Profiles\Guest can get huge very easily!

Attached to this post is a CAB file that moves Temporary Internet Files (the Cache), Cookies and History to a directory on the Storage Card.

Recommended use:

- Run Pocket IE, and from the options menu, clear the Cache, History and Cookies.

- Install this CAB

- Run Pocket IE

- All done, you should now have a Pocket IE directory on your storage card with 3 subdirectories.

You can optionally browse (on the phone or the desktop) to Windows\Profiles\guest and delete whatever you can (there's some files you can't delete), to ensure you are saving as much space as possible.

This has the added bonus that if you hard reset your phone in the future, after rerunning this CAB, you will retain your Cache, Cookies and History ;)

Enjoy (note this is tested only on the iMate SP5, but may work on other devices!)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest ekgimp

THANKS A LOT! EVERYONE! You have no idea how long I've been going through the phone trying to put this together! I'm no free to download any and eveything I please! Thanks again!

' date='Nov 6 2005, 15:59' post='685957']Myself and Pagemakers have witnessed issues with the phone for anyone who uses Pocket IE even a little bit, caused by the fact the Cache files stored in Windows\Profiles\Guest can get huge very easily!

Recommended use:

- Install this CAB

- Run Pocket IE

This has the added bonus that if you hard reset your phone in the future, after rerunning this CAB, you will retain your Cache, Cookies and History ;)

P

Guest ekgimp

Hey buddy! i was wondering if you couldl tell me how to uninstall this cab file?

' date='Nov 6 2005, 16:00' post='685958']Oh, and there is an uninstall option should you wish to use it.

My next mission: Moving Favorites to the Storage Card so they return after a hard reset.

P