IMPORTANT: Pocket IE files on Storage Card Patch

Guest PaulOBrien

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Confucious

Just run this on my Universal and it seems to have worked - maybe it should be moved from the device specific area to somewhere more people will see it?

Thanks Paul

PS - your birthday greetings only came one day late - and yes, I am getting old (am thinking of ordering a zimmer frame) thanks.

[Edit]I spoke to soon! although it created directories on the storage card I found that I had to log in to modaco every time - my cookies weren't there. Then pages wouldn't load and ie would just close itself. Having uninstalled it now works fine again.

Anyone who could get this working with a Universal would earn my undying thanks... [/Edit]

Edited by Confucious

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stabilo

I am running card cache to store IE cache etc on the SD card. However when I use Spb Backup it reports 3 error messages relating to IE.

The error messages indicate they can't read the following files:

\windows\history\history.ie5\index.dat

\windows\cookies\index.dat

\windows\temporary internet files\content.ie5\index.dat

I closed all applications before running the backup. Is card cache creating these errors and if so is there a fix?

If it isn't card cache that causes the errors what does?

If I recover from the backups my WM5 PPC screws up and I have to do a hard reset.

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...
Guest HighProtein

Does this work on the T-Mobile SDA as well?

I just bought mine and I realize that I really need a memory card soon!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest al_gsy

hi, I've got an imate sp5 and changed the registry keys to put the storage location on my sd card and increased the cache allocation as well, but when i use pocket ie over wifi the cache gets upto about 1.5 mb and then starts clearing itself down to 0 and then going back up again. I think the highest i've seen it go up to is about 2 mb. have i missed changing something or has anyone else had this problem?

Edited by al_gsy

• 2 months later...
Guest dburrell

Anyone besides me forced to reset so IE will open on occation. I open IE but when I browse to a website it just closes. I am thinking the Phone is loosing a connection to the Storage Card?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rossjamesparker
' date='Nov 6 2005, 19:59' post='685957']Myself and Pagemakers have witnessed issues with the phone for anyone who uses Pocket IE even a little bit, caused by the fact the Cache files stored in Windows\Profiles\Guest can get huge very easily!

Attached to this post is a CAB file that moves Temporary Internet Files (the Cache), Cookies and History to a directory on the Storage Card.

Thanks Paul, works like a dream. I was being driven to distraction by the low memory alert!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest NameLessJedi

Hi!

I'm using SPV E650 and would like to move browser cache to storage card but when i try to install this cab it fails with message about not sufficient system rights (that's the meaning of message as it's in polish not in english).

Any help?

TIA

NameLess

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest bouhbouh

Hi,

wasn't working for me ! :wub:

I have windows mobile in french and that's why. the registry added is "...\STORAGE CARD\Pocket IE\..." but in the french version it's named "Carte de stockage" So for the french user I suggest you to create manually the 3 directory on your storage card and to manually update the registry located here HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders to point out to the good name for the storage card.

Unless a fix is added to this usefull cab ;)

regards

• 4 months later...
Guest Confucious

Paul, any thoughts on editing this cab so it DOESN'T move the History - as that's what seems to be causing lock ups. I've just installed it and had to manually edit my registry to point back to the phone (A lot easier than doing it all manually!)

Guest Confucious

Flippin heck! That was quick.

Cheers Mandt :D

Anyone having problems with the original should try this one (Including you, Paul :( )